Ottawa (2-1) at NY Rangers (1-2)
When: Thursday, May 4th 2017
Where: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
Time: 7:35 ET | TV: NBC Sports Network
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
With their home ice woes clearly behind them, the New York Rangers look to even-up their best-of-seven series with the Ottawa Senators on Thursday night in Madison Square Garden. Mats Zuccarello had a goal and assist to lead New York to a dominating 4-1 victory over Ottawa on Tuesday to cut the Rangers series deficit to 2-1. New York has won three straight postseason games at the Garden after dropping their previous six. Michael Grabner, Rick Nash, and Oscar Lindberg also score for the Ranger and Henrik Lundqvist stopped 26 shots. The league’s best road team during the regular season, the Rangers rebounded from a pair of losses in Ottawa to post their most lopsided victory this postseason. Mika Zibanejad, acquired from Ottawa in the offseason in exchange for Derick Brassard, has six points over the past five games to take over the team lead with seven in the postseason. New York’s power play could stand to get a little better, as they’re 2-for-26 in the postseason.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
Ottawa has some injury concerns as forwards Bobby Ryan and Zack Smith each had to exit Game 3, although Ottawa coach Guy Boucher said Ryan is likely to play Thursday while Smith’s status will be determined at the morning skate. If Smith is unable to go, he will be replaced by forward Tom Pyatt, who has been sidelined since he was hurt in Game 4 of the first-round series against Boston. Goalie Craig Anderson has allowed nine goals in the past two games and committed another puck-handling blunder that led to a gimme in Game 3. Jean-Gabriel Pageau, who had four goals in Ottawa’s 6-5 double-overtime win in Game 2, scored the lone goal and now has five of Ottawa’s last seven goals covering two games. Ottawa is 27-12 in their last 39 games at the Garden despite Tuesday’s setback.
The power play might not be generating much offense, but the even-strength goals are starting to pour in for New York and they have Anderson rattled right now. I believe New York still has a great chance of winning this series, but Thursday’s game is a must. I believe the winner of this contest wins the series. I’m taking the home team tonight.
Pick: Rangers -170
- Senators are 6-1 in their last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Senators are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Senators are 4-1 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Senators are 8-2 in their last 10 Thursday games.
- Senators are 6-2 in their last 8 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Senators are 6-2 in their last 8 overall.
- Senators are 6-2 in their last 8 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Senators are 5-2 in their last 7 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Senators are 9-4 in their last 13 vs. Metropolitan.
- Rangers are 5-1 in their last 6 home games.
- Rangers are 9-3 in their last 12 Thursday games.
- Rangers are 3-7 in their last 10 games following a win.
- Rangers are 3-8 in their last 11 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Rangers are 2-7 in their last 9 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 2-0-2 in Senators last 4 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1 in Senators last 5 following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Over is 3-1-2 in Senators last 6 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Senators last 5 Conference Semifinals games.
- Under is 18-7-1 in Senators last 26 Thursday games.
- Over is 5-2-2 in Senators last 9 road games.
- Under is 60-26-3 in Senators last 89 vs. Metropolitan.
- Under is 37-18-5 in Senators last 60 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 4-0-1 in Rangers last 5 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Under is 4-0-1 in Rangers last 5 home games.
- Under is 8-2-2 in Rangers last 12 overall.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Rangers last 6 games following a win.
- Under is 8-2-2 in Rangers last 12 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 8-2-2 in Rangers last 12 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 14-4-3 in Rangers last 21 vs. Atlantic.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Rangers last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Rangers last 5 Thursday games.
- Under is 17-6-8 in Rangers last 31 Conference Semifinals games.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Home team is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.
- Under is 19-5-3 in the last 27 meetings in New York.
- Under is 32-10-10 in the last 52 meetings.
- Senators are 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
- Senators are 27-12 in the last 39 meetings in New York.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE SENATORS VS RANGERS GAME