Toronto (23-9) at Oklahoma City (19-15)
When: Wednesday, December 27th 2017
Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, OK
Time: 8:05 ET | TV: NBA TV
Opening Odds: Oklahoma City -4/212.5
The resurgent Oklahoma City Thunder look to keep their momentum going when they host the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night at Chesapeake Energy Arena. The Thunder are currently on a five-game winning streak as the trio of Russell Westbrook, Paul George and Carmelo Anthony are starting to come together after an inconsistent start to the season and the club is 11-3 in December. The Thunder recorded a nice 112-107 home win on Christmas Day over the Houston Rockets with the “Big Three” leading the way. Toronto is also playing well with a 23-9 overall record, but saw their six-game winning streak snapped on Tuesday with a 98-93 road loss against the Dallas Mavericks. The Raptors went cold in Texas, shooting 33.7% for the game, but are still just 1.5 games behind the Boston Celtics in the Atlanta Division. The teams split two meetings last season with Westbrook averaging 30 points for the Thunder and DeMar DeRozan averaging 29.5 for the Raptors.
One reason the Raptors went down in Dallas was DeRozan, who had a terrible shooting performance against the Mavericks immediately after being named Eastern Conference Player of the Week. DeRozan struggled to just eight points on 3-of-16 shooting after being red-hot with a 31.8 average over the previous six games. Former Thunder Serge Ibaka has scored in double digits in each of his past 11 games and added 12 rebounds against the Mavericks. Point guard Kyle Lowry, who has seen his scoring average drop over six points from last year, led the Raptors with 23 on Tuesday – his second 20+ effort in three games. Toronto will begin a quick two-game homestand on Friday against Atlanta.
Westbrook (31), George (24) and Anthony (20) combined for 75 points in the win over the Rockets with Anthony being the most efficient by making 8-of-12 shots. George (20.1 average) is second on the team in scoring behind reigning MVP Westbrook (averages of 23.9 points, 9.9 assists and 9.4 rebounds) while Anthony (17.5) has accepted being the third option after playing the lead scoring role in each of his first 15 NBA seasons. Shooting guard Andre Roberson (dislocated left ring finger) was injured against the Rockets but practiced Tuesday and is slated to play against the Raptors. The Thunder will continue their four-game homestand on Friday with a visit from the Milwaukee Bucks.
This should be a good game, but the Thunder seem to be putting things together now with the high-profile trio. The win over Houston gives this team even more confidence going forward. I’ll lay the small number on the home team.
Pick: Thunder -3.5
- Raptors are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Raptors are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Raptors are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 road games.
- Thunder are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 Wednesday games.
- Thunder are 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- Thunder are 41-18-3 ATS in their last 62 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Thunder are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games overall.
- Thunder are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Thunder are 6-15 ATS in their last 21 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Thunder are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Thunder are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Thunder are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 home games.
- Over is 5-1 in Raptors last 6 Wednesday games.
- Over is 19-6-1 in Raptors last 26 vs. NBA Northwest.
- Over is 8-3 in Raptors last 11 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 10-4 in Raptors last 14 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Under is 14-6 in Raptors last 20 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Under is 8-0 in Thunder last 8 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 5-1 in Thunder last 6 Wednesday games.
- Under is 4-1 in Thunder last 5 overall.
- Over is 4-1 in Thunder last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 8-3 in Thunder last 11 home games.
- Under is 5-2 in Thunder last 7 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 24-10 in Thunder last 34 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Raptors are 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings in Oklahoma City.
- Under is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings in Oklahoma City.
- Raptors are 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings.
- Underdog is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
- Road team is 5-0 ATS in the last 5 meetings.