Toronto (11-6) at Indiana (10-8)
When: Friday, November 24th 2017
Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
Time: 8:05 ET | TV: Sportsnet ONE, FSN Indiana
Opening Odds: Toronto -3/215.5
The resurgent Indiana Pacers look to stay hot when they host the Toronto Raptors in a Black Friday affair at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. This will begin a three-game homestand for the Pacers, who will also have the luxury of playing 17 of their next 24 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse through the middle of January. They enter the Thanksgiving break on a four-game winning streak after a 105-97 victory at Orlando on Monday, with offseason acquisition Victor Oladipo continuing to lead his new team with 29 points, nine rebounds and seven steals. The Raptors had a four-game winning streak of their own snapped with a 108-100 loss at the New York Knicks on Wednesday. The Knicks used an incredible 28-0 run during the third quarter, and a fourth-quarter rally by Toronto fell short. The Raptors have won nine of the last 11 meetings after taking two of three last season.
DeMar DeRozan’s streak of nine straight games with at least 20 points came to an end with 18 on Wednesday, but he wasn’t the only one to have a rough outing as the team went 0-for-13 during a stretch in the decisive third-quarter run. Kyle Lowry continued his nice run after a slow start to the season with 25 points and 10 rebounds, and he’s now averaging 19.6 points, eight assists and 7.8 rebounds in his last five games. Forward Pascal Siakam has been ice-cold, missing all 11 of his 3-point tries over a five-game stretch. Toronto, which is 3rd in the NBA in field goal offense (48.0%), will get right on a plane after the game and play in Atlanta tomorrow night.
After a bad 118-95 loss to Houston at home on November 12th, the Pacers were sitting at 6-8 and had lost five of six. That’s when Oladipo and Bojan Bogdanovic, who has back-to-back 26-point games, stepped up. Bogdanovic has hit 18-of-29 3-pointers during the winning streak and entered Thanksgiving fourth in the NBA from beyond the arc at 48.4%. Oladipo is also turning himself into a good three-point shooter. He hit a career-best 36.1% last year with Oklahoma City, but has increased that up 44.7% in his first year with the Pacers. Indiana, who ranks tops in the NBA in that category (40.4%), will host the East-leading Boston Celtics on Saturday night.
This should be a tight contest throughout, but the Pacers really seem to have it going right now and the Raptors are just 5-5 on the road and 0-3 ATS as a road favorite of less than five points.
Pick: Pacers +1.5
- Raptors are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up loss.
- Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Raptors are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 Friday games.
- Raptors are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. NBA Central.
- Pacers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Pacers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Pacers are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Pacers are 13-5 ATS in their last 18 games following a ATS win.
- Pacers are 18-7-2 ATS in their last 27 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Pacers are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games following a straight up win.
- Pacers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Pacers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Pacers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 Friday games.
- Pacers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 4-0 in Raptors last 4 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 5-1 in Raptors last 6 vs. NBA Central.
- Under is 4-1 in Raptors last 5 Friday games.
- Over is 4-1 in Raptors last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 4-1 in Raptors last 5 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 6-2 in Raptors last 8 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 13-5 in Raptors last 18 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Under is 25-11 in Raptors last 36 road games.
- Under is 5-1 in Pacers last 6 home games.
- Under is 4-1 in Pacers last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 7-3 in Pacers last 10 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Over is 15-7 in Pacers last 22 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Under is 6-0 in the last 6 meetings in Indiana.
- Favorite is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
- Home team is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
- Under is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings.
- Raptors are 9-4 ATS in the last 13 meetings in Indiana.
- Raptors are 2-5 ATS in the last 7 meetings.