Phoenix (14-6) at Dallas (10-8)
When: Tuesday, July 10th 2018
Where: College Park Center, Arlington, TX
Time: 8:00 ET | TV: League Pass
Opening Odds: Dallas -1/172
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus to bet the WNBA!
The Phoenix Mercury have been true road-warriors this season, which is a big reason they sit just a game out of first place in the Western Conference. They continue a stretch of seven road contests in eight games when they visit the Dallas Wings for the third and final time this season. The Mercury have taken both meetings thus far including a 75-72 win in Arlington on June 12th. Despite Sunday’s 76-70 loss at Atlanta, Phoenix owns the most road wins in the WNBA with a 9-3 record. Diana Taurasi scored 19 to lead the Mercury against Atlanta. Brittney Griner added 18 points and Leilani Mitchell contributed 10, including three on a 3-pointer with under a minute to go that cut the Dream’s lead to 73-68 after the Mercury had trailed by 62-39 at one point.
Griner outplayed Dallas post player Liz Cambage in their second matchup of the season last month. Griner had 18 points and five rebounds while Cambage managed just 10 points and only three rebounds, as both players fouled out. Cambage came up big in Dallas’ 97-87 win at New York on Sunday, recording her ninth double-double of the season with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Skylar Diggins-Smith led all scorers for the day with 32 to increase her total to 54 games with at least 20 points, a franchise record. It also gave her eight 30-point games, which is also a new franchise high. The Dream are in fifth place in the West, but just four games behind Seattle.
These two teams have been really good against the spread this season, but I feel Phoenix may be getting road-weary, and Dallas is 6-3 at home and are 4-1 ATS with one day rest.
Pick: Wings -1.5
- Mercury are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Mercury are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games.
- Mercury are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Mercury are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Mercury are 5-14 ATS in their last 19 Tuesday games.
- Wings are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Wings are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Wings are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
- Wings are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 vs. Western Conference.
- Wings are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 home games.
- Wings are 37-16-3 ATS in their last 56 Tuesday games.
- Under is 4-0 in Mercury last 4 Tuesday games.
- Under is 5-1 in Mercury last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 4-1 in Mercury last 5 overall.
- Over is 15-6-1 in Mercury last 22 games following a straight up loss.
- Under is 9-4 in Mercury last 13 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Over is 5-1 in Wings last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 5-1 in Wings last 6 vs. Western Conference.
- Over is 4-1 in Wings last 5 Tuesday games.
- Over is 7-2 in Wings last 9 overall.
- Over is 7-2 in Wings last 9 games following a ATS win.
- Mercury are 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings.
- Mercury are 4-10 ATS in the last 14 meetings in Dallas.