New York (23-24) at Philadelphia (28-25)
When: Monday, February 12th 2018
Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
Time: 7:05 ET | TV: MSG, NBCS Philadelphia
Opening Odds: Philadelphia -11.5/208
The streaking Philadelphia 76ers have a chance to finish off a perfect 4-0 homestand when they host the slumping New York Knicks on Monday night at Wells Fargo Center. The Sixers took the first three games of the homestand by an average of 15 points and the Knicks, who have lost six in a row and will be playing the second half of a back-to-back set, are double-digit underdogs heading into Monday’s contest. Saturday’s 112-98 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers took a scary turn when oft-injured All-Star Joel Embiid went down in the fourth quarter and seemed to hurt a knee, but Embiid returned soon thereafter to cap a 29-point, 16-rebound performance. Embiid scored 25 points and brought down 16 rebounds while JJ Redick chipped in 24 points in a 105-98 win at New York in the first meeting this season. New York’s slide continued with Sunday’s 121-113 setback at Indiana, although the offense finally broke out after the team averaged 87.2 points over the first five games of its losing streak. Michael Beasley recorded 16 points and 13 rebounds and is averaging 18.5 and 10 in two games since the Knicks lost All-Star forward Kristaps Porzingis to an ACL injury.
Emmanuel Mudiay, acquired from Denver at the trade deadline, made his Knicks debut on Sunday and recorded 14 points and 10 assists to make his case for playing time in crowded backcourt. Mudiay (29 minutes) and rookie Frank Ntilikina (31) got the bulk of the minutes against the Pacers while Jarrett Jack and Trey Burke saw just eight minutes of playing time apiece. Ntilikina recorded 12 points on Sunday to snap a string of 12 straight games in which he scored in single digits. The Knicks will start the week seven games behind Philadelphia for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
The 76ers are expected to sign veteran guard Marco Belinelli once he clears waivers on Monday and becomes an unrestricted free agent, giving the team a nice long range shooting option off the bench. Belinelli shot 37.2% from 3-point territory while making a career-high 1.8 shots per game from beyond the arc with Atlanta this season. Redick has been carrying the team most of the season in that department, converting 12-of-21 3-point attempts over his last three games. The Sixers lead the Pistons by two games for the last postseason spot in the East and are just a half-game behind Miami for seventh.
I don’t see how New York can compete with Philadelphia in this one. They have lost Porzingis and are really struggling without him. Plus, they played in Indiana last night. I see this as an easy win for the Sixers.
Pick: 76ers -12
- Knicks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Monday games.
- Knicks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Knicks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Knicks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- 76ers are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 home games.
- 76ers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- 76ers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- 76ers are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games playing on 1 days rest.
- 76ers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- 76ers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 Monday games.
- 76ers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Under is 7-0 in Knicks last 7 overall.
- Under is 4-0 in Knicks last 4 road games.
- Under is 6-0 in Knicks last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 5-1 in Knicks last 6 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- Over is 7-2 in Knicks last 9 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Over is 8-3 in Knicks last 11 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 5-2 in Knicks last 7 Monday games.
- Over is 9-4 in Knicks last 13 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Under is 4-1 in 76ers last 5 overall.
- Under is 4-1 in 76ers last 5 vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
- Under is 4-1 in 76ers last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Under is 4-1 in 76ers last 5 home games.
- Under is 12-3 in the last 15 meetings in Philadelphia.
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- Knicks are 11-5 ATS in the last 16 meetings in Philadelphia.
- Road team is 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings.
- Knicks are 0-5 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
- Underdog is 5-0 ATS in the last 5 meetings.