Los Angeles (13-8-3) at Detroit (10-9-5)
When: Tuesday, November 28th 2017
Where: Little Caesars Arena, Detroit, MI
Time: 7:35 ET | TV: FSN West, FSN Detroit
Opening Odds: Los Angeles -115/5.5
A couple of struggling teams will look to get back on track when the Los Angeles Kings open a four-game road trip in Detroit to take on the Red Wings at Little Caesars Arena. The Kings are coming off a much-needed 2-1 shootout victory over rival Anaheim on Saturday. Los Angeles started the season with a 9-1-1 run, but dropped three in a row and seven of eight (1-6-1) before pulling out the dramatic win over the Ducks, getting a tying goal from Dustin Brown with 92 seconds left in regulation. Detroit has lost four in a row – three of them in OT. The Red Wings are struggling in their new arena, winning only four of 11 games (4-3-4) and are just 1-for-11 on the power play in their last five games overall.
Goalie Jonathan Quick was part of that rough stretch for the Kings, losing six games in a row – matching the longest of his career – before stopping 25 shots including the final three in the shootout against Anaheim. Quick has now allowed more than three goals in his last six starts and has struggled in his career against the Red Wings to the tune of an 8-13-1 record and 2.92 goals-against average. The Kings are 23rd in goals scored per game (2.8) and have tallied two goals or fewer in eight of its last nine games.
Forward David Booth, a former 30-goal scorer with Florida in 08-09, scored his first two goals of the season Saturday to earn a promotion to the top line alongside captain Henrik Zetterberg and Gustav Nyquist. Booth logged just 9:44 of ice time to score his two goals. Anthony Mantha scored his 11th goal Saturday, which is six shy of his rookie season from a year ago. Rookie Martin Frk (groin), who has six goals and nine points in 18 games, will miss his seventh consecutive game but is expected to return this weekend. Defenseman Trevor Daley practice Monday but is likely out Tuesday as well.
Neither team is playing particularly well right now, so I’ll have to take the home team in this one. The Kings just can’t score enough goals right now and expect Quick to do all the work.
Pick: Red Wings +100
- Kings are 6-1 in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of less than .400.
- Kings are 10-3 in their last 13 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Kings are 9-3 in their last 12 vs. Atlantic.
- Kings are 5-2 in their last 7 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Kings are 2-5 in their last 7 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Kings are 2-7 in their last 9 overall.
- Kings are 1-4 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Kings are 0-4 in their last 4 games following a win.
- Red Wings are 7-3 in their last 10 vs. Pacific.
- Red Wings are 17-37 in their last 54 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Red Wings are 3-7 in their last 10 home games.
- Red Wings are 8-22 in their last 30 Tuesday games.
- Red Wings are 2-8 in their last 10 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Red Wings are 1-7 in their last 8 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Red Wings are 0-5 in their last 5 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Red Wings are 0-4 in their last 4 overall.
- Under is 7-0-1 in Kings last 8 overall.
- Under is 5-0 in Kings last 5 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Over is 3-0-1 in Kings last 4 games following a win.
- Under is 8-2-3 in Kings last 13 Tuesday games.
- Under is 6-2 in Kings last 8 vs. Atlantic.
- Under is 30-11-13 in Kings last 54 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 5-2 in Kings last 7 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Under is 20-8-5 in Kings last 33 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 29-13-11 in Kings last 53 road games.
- Under is 28-13-14 in Kings last 55 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of less than .400.
- Under is 31-15-13 in Kings last 59 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 4-0 in Red Wings last 4 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 4-1 in Red Wings last 5 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Red Wings last 5 home games.
- Under is 6-2-2 in Red Wings last 10 Tuesday games.
- Over is 9-3-2 in Red Wings last 14 vs. Pacific.
- Over is 5-2-1 in Red Wings last 8 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 17-7-5 in Red Wings last 29 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner