Kansas (23-3, 11-2) at Baylor (22-4, 9-4)
When: Saturday, February 18th 2017
Where: Ferrell Center, Waco, TX
Time: 1:00 ET | TV: CBS
Open an Account at MyBookie.ag Now! Sign up at MyBookie.ag to get up to $3,000 in Bonuses to bet all the Web’s best NCAA College Basketball odds and props!
The Kansas Jayhawks can take another step toward a 13th straight regular season Big 12 title when they visit the fourth-ranked Baylor Bears on Saturday afternoon. Kansas is coming off a remarkable 84-80 overtime victory over West Virginia on Monday and can go up three games in the conference standings with four to go by beating Baylor. Kansas trailed 34-28 at halftime in the first meeting at Allen Fieldhouse and needed a pair of Frank Mason III free throws with a second to go to clinch a back-and-forth 73-68 victory on February 1st. The diminutive Mason is a strong candidate for national player of the year honors, leading the Big 12 in scoring (20.2) including a 20.7 average in conference play, while also shooting a league best 50.9% from 3-point range and averaging 4.9 assists. Freshman guard Josh Jackson is showing why he’s is considered a high NBA lottery pick, ranking second on the team in scoring (16.5) while also leading the Jayhawks in rebounding (7.2), steals (1.8) and blocks (1.1). Junior guards Devonte’ Graham (13.2 points) and Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (10.5) also are averaging in double figures and are solid 3-point shooters. Kansas leads the series 28-4 and has won the last nine meetings.
LIVE IN-GAME COLLEGE BASKETBALL BETTING!
Baylor is in sole possession of second place in the Big 12 and the fans have been waiting all week for this matchup. Students were allowed to begin camping outside the Ferrell Center starting at 5 p.m. on Friday night to get the best seats for this. Johnathan Motley, a junior forward who is also in the conversation for Big 12 and national player of the year honors, leads the team in scoring (16.7) and the conference in rebounding (9.5). Motley finished scored 16 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in the first meeting at Kansas. Junior point guard Manu Lecomte is second in scoring (12.8) and leads the team in assists (4.1) while connecting on a team best 42.6% 3-pointers. Junior forward Jo Lual-Acuil Jr. has been solid inside, averaging 9.3 points, 6.9 rebounds and Big 12-leading 2.7 blocks per game. Junior guard Al Freeman, who ranks fourth on the team in scoring (9.1) and is 32-of-90 from long range, will return to action after serving a three-game suspension for a violation of team rules, but sophomore King McClure will still get the start. Baylor is 14-1 at the Ferrell Center this season with the lone loss coming against Kansas State (56-54) on February 4th.
Kansas has been flirting with losses for the past month, but seem to keep pulling them out. When Baylor gets rolling, they’re hard to stop and I think being at home will be the deciding factor. I like Baylor in this one.
Pick: Baylor -2
- Jayhawks are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 road games.
- Jayhawks are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Jayhawks are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Jayhawks are 5-16 ATS in their last 21 games following a straight up win.
- Jayhawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Saturday games.
- Jayhawks are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Jayhawks are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Jayhawks are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Jayhawks are 0-6-1 ATS in their last 7 vs. Big 12.
- Bears are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a favorite of 0.5-6.5.
- Bears are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Bears are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Bears are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite.
- Bears are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games.
- Bears are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games as a home favorite.
- Under is 4-0 in Jayhawks last 4 games as an underdog of 0.5-6.5.
- Under is 6-1-1 in Jayhawks last 8 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 8-3 in Jayhawks last 11 overall.
- Under is 18-7-1 in Jayhawks last 26 games as a road underdog of 0.5-6.5.
- Under is 5-2 in Jayhawks last 7 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 7-3 in Jayhawks last 10 vs. Big 12.
- Under is 35-15-1 in Jayhawks last 51 games as a road underdog.
- Under is 47-21-3 in Jayhawks last 71 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Under is 44-20-3 in Jayhawks last 67 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 48-22-3 in Jayhawks last 73 road games.
- Under is 38-18-1 in Jayhawks last 57 games as an underdog.
- Under is 6-1 in Bears last 7 vs. Big 12.
- Under is 6-1-1 in Bears last 8 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 5-1 in Bears last 6 games as a home favorite.
- Under is 5-1 in Bears last 6 home games.
- Under is 4-1 in Bears last 5 overall.
- Over is 11-3 in Bears last 14 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Over is 7-2 in Bears last 9 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 15-5-1 in Bears last 21 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 7-3 in Bears last 10 games as a favorite.
- Over is 23-10-1 in Bears last 34 Saturday games.
- Under is 11-5 in Bears last 16 games as a favorite of 0.5-6.5.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Under is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings in Baylor.
- Jayhawks are 9-1 ATS in the last 10 meetings in Baylor.
- Under is 6-1-1 in the last 8 meetings.
- Jayhawks are 6-2-1 ATS in the last 9 meetings.
- Road team is 19-7-1 ATS in the last 27 meetings.
CLICK HERE TO BET THE KANSAS VS BAYLOR GAME