Winnipeg (12-4-3) at Nashville (11-6-2)
When: Monday, November 20th 2017
Where: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Time: 8:05 ET | TV: TSN3, FSN Tennessee
Opening Odds: Nashville -140/5.5
The Winnipeg Jets look to extend their four-game winning streak when they begin a four-game road trip in Nashville against the Predators on Monday night. The Jets won all three games on their recent homestand after taking a game in Arizona on November 11th, but will be without a key defenseman for a while. Toby Enstrom will miss up to eight weeks due to a lower-body injury, which he suffered in Saturday’s 5-2 victory over New Jersey. Enstrom’s offense isn’t the same as it used to be when he recorded a career-high 51 points during the franchise’s final season in Atlanta in 2010-11, but he remains an important part on the blue line. To replace Enstrom, Winnipeg recalled D Tucker Poolman from Manitoba of the American Hockey League. Nashville will go after their fourth straight win at Bridgestone Arena as it continues a three-game homestand. The Predators posted a 5-2 home victory over Colorado on Saturday as defenseman Mattias Ekholm extended his goal-scoring streak to three games after recording just one in his first 16 games.
Winnipeg scored all five of its goals in Saturday’s win in just a 12.5-minute span in the second period as it completed a perfect three-game homestand. Connor Hellebuyck has been key for the Jets all season in net, allowing fewer than three goals in 11 of his 14 starts. Patrik Laine is riding an eight-game point streak (six goals, three assists) while Mark Scheifele has recorded 16 points in his last 10 games. The road trip doesn’t get any easier after tonight as the Jets hit California for their next three games against the Kings, Shark, and Ducks in a four-day span.
Star left-winger Filip Forsberg, who leads the team with 20 points, enters Monday with a four-game streak during which he has collected one goal and five assists. Forsberg also leads Nashville with nine goals but has netted just one over his last eight games. Craig Smith scored his third goal in four games in the win over the Avalanche and added an assist to become the eighth member of the team to reach double digits in points. Viktor Arvidsson has recorded at least a point in six of his last seven games, collecting five goals and three assists in that span. Nashville will host struggling Montreal on Wednesday.
Nashville is awfully tough at home, but this Jets team is for real. They can score and play defense and Hellebuyck has been terrific. The Predators can’t win all of their home games, and this is one that they’ll drop.
Pick: Jets +125
- Jets are 6-0 in their last 6 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Jets are 15-2 in their last 17 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Jets are 12-2 in their last 14 vs. Western Conference.
- Jets are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Jets are 5-1 in their last 6 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Jets are 13-4 in their last 17 games following a win.
- Jets are 6-2 in their last 8 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Jets are 23-8 in their last 31 vs. Central.
- Jets are 19-7 in their last 26 overall.
- Jets are 7-20 in their last 27 Monday games.
- Predators are 6-1 in their last 7 overall.
- Predators are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Predators are 21-6 in their last 27 Monday games.
- Predators are 20-6 in their last 26 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Predators are 12-4 in their last 16 vs. Central.
- Predators are 5-2 in their last 7 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 10-4 in their last 14 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Predators are 9-4 in their last 13 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Predators are 35-16 in their last 51 vs. Western Conference.
- Predators are 15-7 in their last 22 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 43-21 in their last 64 home games.
- Under is 5-1 in Jets last 6 road games.
- Under is 4-1 in Jets last 5 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 15-4 in Jets last 19 vs. Central.
- Over is 19-7 in Jets last 26 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 12-5 in Jets last 17 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 25-11-1 in Jets last 37 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 9-4-1 in Jets last 14 Monday games.
- Over is 22-10 in Jets last 32 games following a win.
- Over is 24-11-2 in Jets last 37 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 4-0 in Predators last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 4-0 in Predators last 4 overall.
- Over is 4-0 in Predators last 4 home games.
- Over is 4-0 in Predators last 4 vs. Western Conference.
- Over is 6-1 in Predators last 7 games following a win.
- Under is 5-1-2 in Predators last 8 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Under is 8-2-1 in Predators last 11 vs. Central.
- Under is 6-2 in Predators last 8 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 13-6-1 in Predators last 20 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Home team is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings.
- Jets are 3-9 in the last 12 meetings in Nashville.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner