Utah (15-19) at Denver (18-15)
When: Tuesday, December 26th 2017
Where: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
Time: 9:05 ET | TV: AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, Altitude
Opening Odds: Denver -6/205.5
The Denver Nuggets return home after an impressive 2-0 road trip to take on the struggling Utah Jazz on Tuesday night at Pepsi Center. Denver started the two-game excursion with a 102-85 route in Portland, then followed that up with a 96-81 thumping of the Golden State Warriors on Saturday to improve their road record to 7-12, compared to 11-3 at home. The Warriors had won 11 straight but were held in check by a tough Nuggets’ perimeter defense, which held the defending champs to a 3-for-27 showing from beyond the arc. They will take on another good 3-point shooting team in Utah that entered Christmas tied for seventh in the NBA in 3-point percentage (38.1%), although they have gone cold over the last few games. The Jazz made just 6-of-26 long-range attempts in Saturday’s 103-89 loss to Oklahoma City, its eighth setback in the last 10 games. Utah has won the first two meetings this season, and it returns to Denver on January 5th to finish the season series.
Rookie guard Donovan Mitchell returned from an injury that cost him of two games to score 29 points on 12-of-16 shooting in the loss to Oklahoma City. Rodney Hood, who had the same scoring total in his previous game while Mitchell sat, missed his first seven shots and finished 3-of-14 as Utah was held below 100 points for the third time in four games. The Jazz are 3-13 on the road, the second-worst mark in the Western Conference. Utah will turn right around and play in Golden State tomorrow night.
Center Nikola Jokic averaged 22.5 points, nine rebounds and five assists on the two-game trip and he has shot 50% or better in four straight contests as he seems to be 100% healthy now. Guard Emmanuel Mudiay is expected to return Tuesday from an ankle injury of his own after missing the previous four games. Mudiay was averaging 9.6 points a game before going down and will be a welcome addition to the bench. Shooting guard Gary Harris (16.2 points) is averaging 22 points and two steals over his last five games.
Just take a look at each team’s road/home splits and that’s about all you need to know. Not only is Denver a better team, but they’re pretty darm good at home. I’ll lay the points.
Pick: Nuggets -6
- Jazz are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Jazz are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 Tuesday games.
- Jazz are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Jazz are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Jazz are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up loss.
- Jazz are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Jazz are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games following a straight up loss of more than 10 points.
- Jazz are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Nuggets are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
- Nuggets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Nuggets are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 home games.
- Nuggets are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Nuggets are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games following a ATS win.
- Nuggets are 1-9-1 ATS in their last 11 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
- Over is 5-0 in Jazz last 5 games following a double-digit loss at home.
- Under is 4-0 in Jazz last 4 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 10-1 in Jazz last 11 Tuesday games.
- Under is 6-1 in Jazz last 7 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Under is 4-1 in Jazz last 5 overall.
- Over is 9-3 in Jazz last 12 games following a straight up loss.
- Over is 5-2 in Jazz last 7 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 7-3 in Jazz last 10 games following a ATS loss.
- Over is 9-4 in Jazz last 13 road games.
- Under is 38-18-1 in Jazz last 57 vs. NBA Northwest.
- Under is 6-0 in Nuggets last 6 vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
- Under is 4-0 in Nuggets last 4 Tuesday games.
- Under is 8-1 in Nuggets last 9 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Under is 8-1 in Nuggets last 9 vs. NBA Northwest.
- Under is 6-1 in Nuggets last 7 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Over is 5-2 in Nuggets last 7 home games.
- Home team is 6-0 ATS in the last 6 meetings.
- Under is 10-1 in the last 11 meetings in Denver.
- Favorite is 6-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings.
- Jazz are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
- Under is 19-7-1 in the last 27 meetings.