Philadelphia (8-9-6) at Pittsburgh (12-10-3)
When: Monday, November 27th 2017
Where: PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh, PA
Time: 7:05 ET | TV: NHL Network
Opening Odds: Pittsburgh -170/6
The Philadelphia Flyers will look to put a win on the board for the first time in weeks when they visit their in-state rival the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday night at PPG Paints Arena. Philadelphia is in the midst of a bad skid that reached seven games (0-3-4) with Friday’s 5-4 overtime loss to the New York Islanders. The Flyers haven’t won since a home win over Chicago 3-1 on November 9th and are 0-1-2 on the road since shutting out the St. Louis Blues 2-0 a week earlier. Jakub Voracek leads Philadelphia with 29 points and is riding a five-game point streak during which he has recorded three goals and five assists. Pittsburgh is coming off a 5-2 victory over East-leading Tampa Bay on Saturday that halted a three-game losing streak and improved it to 7-2-1 at home. Phil Kessel scored two goals and set up two others in the victory, giving him seven points in his last three games and a team-leading 31 on the season.
Philadelphia could get some help on defense Monday as Andrew MacDonald appears ready to return from a lower-body injury. The 31-year-old defenseman has not played since October 21st and has just one goal in eight games. Sean Couturier is on pace to shatter his career high of 39 points as he has recorded 25 already in just 23 games and landed on the scoresheet in four of his last five games. Captain Claude Giroux is one point away from tying Rod Brind’Amour (601) for ninth place on the franchise list.
Captain Sidney Crosby, the reigning Maurice Richard Trophy winner, also scored two goals and added an assist versus the Lightning for his second straight multi-point performance and third in six games. Both of Crosby’s goals came on the power play, putting him first on the team with six and one off the league lead. Kessel has boasts an NHL-high 17 points on the power play, but only three have been goals. Crosby passed the ageless Jaromir Jagr for second in team history Saturday by playing in his 807th game.
The Penguins have been rolling at home this year and Philadelphia is really struggling. Even with Evgeni Malkin out of the lineup for Pittsburgh, I still believe they have no trouble with the Flyers. Don’t forget to check out our prediction in the Texans/Ravens contest.
Pick: Penguins -155
- Flyers are 7-3 in their last 10 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Flyers are 2-5 in their last 7 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Flyers are 2-5 in their last 7 vs. Metropolitan.
- Flyers are 10-28 in their last 38 road games.
- Flyers are 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Flyers are 0-7 in their last 7 overall.
- Flyers are 0-6 in their last 6 Monday games.
- Flyers are 0-6 in their last 6 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Penguins are 4-0 in their last 4 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Penguins are 4-0 in their last 4 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Penguins are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- Penguins are 41-13 in their last 54 home games.
- Penguins are 68-23 in their last 91 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Penguins are 48-20 in their last 68 vs. Metropolitan.
- Penguins are 65-30 in their last 95 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Penguins are 79-38 in their last 117 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Penguins are 1-4 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Penguins are 0-7 in their last 7 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Penguins are 0-5 in their last 5 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Over is 6-0-1 in Flyers last 7 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 4-0 in Flyers last 4 overall.
- Over is 5-0 in Flyers last 5 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Over is 5-0 in Flyers last 5 vs. Metropolitan.
- Over is 7-0-1 in Flyers last 8 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 7-1 in Flyers last 8 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Over is 4-1 in Flyers last 5 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Flyers last 6 road games.
- Under is 6-2-1 in Flyers last 9 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 19-7-3 in Flyers last 29 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 18-7-8 in Flyers last 33 Monday games.
- Under is 6-0 in Penguins last 6 games following a win.
- Over is 4-0 in Penguins last 4 in the third game of a 3-in-4 days situation.
- Under is 6-1 in Penguins last 7 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 5-1 in Penguins last 6 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 8-2 in Penguins last 10 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 7-2 in Penguins last 9 vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- Over is 19-6-1 in Penguins last 26 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 days situation.
- Under is 8-3-1 in Penguins last 12 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 8-3 in Penguins last 11 Monday games.
- Over is 5-2 in Penguins last 7 overall.
- Over is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings in Pittsburgh.
- Over is 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings.
- Flyers are 14-6 in the last 20 meetings in Pittsburgh.
- Flyers are 11-5 in the last 16 meetings.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner