Indianapolis (1-2) at Seattle (1-2)
When: Sunday, October 1st 2017
Where: CenturyLink Field, Seattle, WA
Time: 8:30 ET | TV: NBC
Opening Odds: Seattle -11.5/41.5
A pair of teams desperately needing a win, the Indianapolis Colts visit the Seattle Seahawks on NBC’s Sunday Night Football from CenturyLink Field in Seattle. The Colts are coming off a 31-28 victory over the Cleveland Browns and are still without their franchise quarterback, Andrew Luck. Jacoby Brissett, who was acquired from New England at the beginning of the month, has taken over the reigns from Scott Tolzein and will get his first taste of a real raucous enviornment. The Seahawks have a lot of work to do if they want to win at least 10 games for the sixth straight season, struggling on both sides of the ball in their 1-2 start. Seattle’s offense finally came to life in the second half last week but the defense was scorched in the 33-27 loss at Tennessee.
With Luck still not able to practice, Brissett will get his second straight start. He became the first quarterback in franchise history to rush for two touchdowns, pass for another and throw for at least 250 yards as the Colts put up 28 first-half points last week and held on to beat the Browns. T.Y. Hilton, who led the league in receiving yards last year, had seven receptions for 153 yards and a touchdown, but will be up against Seattle star cornerback Richard Sherman. Hilton had five catches for 140 yards and a pair of TDs in his last matchup against Seattle. Indianapolis’ defense is allowing 30 points per game and has given up 283.7 yards through the air. The Colts will finish off their tour against the NFC West with a home date with San Francisco next week.
Seattle’s defense has allowed a 100-yard rusher in back-to-back weeks and was gashed for 195 yards on the ground by DeMarco Murray and the Titans last week. The offense managed a combined 21 points in the first two weeks but finally showed signs of life as quarterback Russell Wilson threw for 373 yards and fourth touchdowns in a comeback attempt last week. Wilson has passes for 1,312 yards with 12 touchdowns and zero interceptions in his last four games versus AFC opponents. Top wide receiver Doug Baldwin suffered a groin strain during Sunday’s 10-catch, 105-yard game and didn’t practice Wednesday. Baldwin has 22 touchdown receptions since the start of the 2015 season, which ranks third in the NFL. Rookie Chris Carson leads the ground game but third-down back C.J. Prosise is out for Sunday.
I like what Seattle showed in a loss to Tennessee last week as the offense showed some life. This should be an easy win against a poor Colts team and a quarterback in Brissett who won’t be ready for this atmosphere. I’ll take Seattle in a route.
Pick: Seahawks -13
- Colts are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
- Colts are 26-8 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- Colts are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games in Week 4.
- Colts are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games following a ATS win.
- Colts are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game.
- Colts are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up win.
- Seahawks are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Seahawks are 22-6-2 ATS in their last 30 games after accumulating more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- Seahawks are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games following a straight up loss.
- Seahawks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 home games.
- Seahawks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Seahawks are 3-7-1 ATS in their last 11 games in October.
- Seahawks are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games after allowing more than 30 points in their previous game.
- Seahawks are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
- Seahawks are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Over is 4-1 in Colts last 5 games in October.
- Under is 4-1 in Colts last 5 games on fieldturf.
- Over is 7-2 in Colts last 9 games in Week 4.
- Over is 24-9 in Colts last 33 road games.
- Over is 5-2 in Colts last 7 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Under is 5-2 in Colts last 7 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Seahawks last 5 games after allowing more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Seahawks last 5 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Under is 7-2 in Seahawks last 9 games after allowing more than 30 points in their previous game.
- Over is 8-3 in Seahawks last 11 games after allowing more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
- Under is 11-5 in Seahawks last 16 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Colts are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings.
- Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.