LA Clippers (35-21) at Golden State (47-9)
When: Thursday, February 23rd 2017
Where: Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
Time: 10:35 ET | TV: TNT
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NBA Basketball odds and props!
The Golden State Warriors will come out of the All-Star Break as the the -170 favorites to regain the NBA championship. The first team in their way as the second half of the NBA season gets underway are the Los Angeles Clippers, who they will host on Thursday at 10:30 PM ET.
Bet on basketball at Bovada and get a 50% bonus
This year’s Warriors team (47-9 SU, 27-27-2 ATS), though not likely to surpass last year’s win total, is performing at an even higher level. Adding Kevin Durant (+8.1 BPM) alongside Stephen Curry (+6.5 BPM) has taken away from each former MVP’s raw stats, but it’s made them tougher overall. Zaza Pachulia (+3.2 BPM) has also proved to be a more capable and healthier replacement for departed center Andrew Bogut.
Health has been an issue for the Clippers (35-21 SU, 29-27 ATS) this season. Their best player, Chris Paul (+9.8 BPM), is targeting a March 1st return after having surgery on his torn left thumb. Los Angeles is 6-7 SU and 7-6 ATS since Paul went down, although they did win their last four games straight up and against the spread after moving Ray Felton (–0.4 BPM) to the bench and putting Luc Mbah a Moute (+0.6 BPM) back in the starting lineup.
I expect the Warriors to come of the Break ready to roll once again in pursuit of another title. The Clippers are just not the same without Paul. Golden State wins easily.
Pick: Warriors -12
- Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games.
- Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Warriors are 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 home games.
- Warriors are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Warriors are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Warriors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Warriors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Warriors are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 vs. NBA Pacific.
- Warriors are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 Thursday games.
- Warriors are 36-14-1 ATS in their last 51 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Warriors are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 vs. Western Conference.
- Warriors are 9-4-1 ATS in their last 14 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 10-3 in Clippers last 13 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
- Over is 6-2 in Clippers last 8 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 8-3 in Clippers last 11 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 5-1 in Warriors last 6 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 4-1 in Warriors last 5 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
- Under is 23-9-2 in Warriors last 34 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Under is 12-5 in Warriors last 17 games following a ATS win.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Favorite is 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings.
- Clippers are 7-19 ATS in the last 26 meetings in Golden State.
- Clippers are 0-4 ATS in the last 4 meetings.
CLICK HERE TO BET THE CLIPPERS VS WARRIORS GAME