LA Clippers (5-4) at San Antonio (6-4)
When: Tuesday, November 7th 2017
Where: AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
Time: 8:35 ET | TV: FSN Prime Ticket, FSN Southwest
Opening Odds: San Antonio -5/200.5
The Los Angeles Clippers start a stretch of eight road games in a nine-game span on Tuesday night when they visit the San Antonio Spurs at AT&T Center. Los Angeles started the season off with four straight wins, but failed to take advantage of a five-game homestand in which they lost four of those five. They are coming off a 104-101 loss to the Miami Heat on Sunday despite overcoming a 25-point deficit. The Spurs also won their first four contests of the season, but followed that up by losing four in a row, and now are back on the winning track, taking the last two. San Antonio got a big lift from it’s bench in each of the last two games and continues to operate without Kawhi Leonard (quad) and Tony Parker (quad). Los Angeles took three of the four meetings last season (3-1 ATS), including a 98-87 win in San Antonio on April 8th.
Los Angeles outscored the Heat 35-15 in the fourth quarter on Sunday and will look to keep that going as they head out on the road for a while. The Clippers received 23 points from Blake Griffin on Sunday, who leads the team with a 23.7 average. Shooting guard Lou Williams came off the bench and scored a season-best 22 points, but made only 2-of-8 from long range and turned the ball over three times. DeAndre Jordan has at least 10 rebounds in eight of his nine games this season and is first in the league at 15.1 per contest. Small forward Danilo Gallinari (hip) left Sunday’s game and is day-to-day.
San Antonio had four players off the bench score in double figures in a 108-101 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Friday and did the same thing against Phoenix on Sunday, winning 112-95. Shooting guard Bryn Forbes is making the most out of his opportunities off the bench and averaged 17 points on 13-of-23 shooting in those two wins. Veteran small forward Rudy Gay was brought in to be the sixth-man and he is averaging 12.6 points in 23.2 minutes, scoring in double figures in eight of the team’s 10 games. Point guard Patty Mills is 7-of-12 from 3-point range over the last two games after going 8-of-30 in the first eight.
Without Parker and Leonard, this Spurs team is probably just as good as the Clippers right now. L.A. is probably looking forward to this trip after a disastrous homestand. Look for Griffin and Jordan to lead the way as the Clippers keep this one close.
Pick: Clippers +3.5
- Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games.
- Clippers are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Clippers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. NBA Southwest.
- Clippers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 vs. Western Conference.
- Clippers are 3-7-1 ATS in their last 11 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Clippers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Spurs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Spurs are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up win.
- Spurs are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. NBA Pacific.
- Spurs are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Spurs are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Under is 5-1 in Clippers last 6 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1 in Clippers last 5 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 6-2 in Clippers last 8 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 5-2 in Clippers last 7 games following a straight up loss.
- Over is 5-1 in Spurs last 6 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Over is 5-1 in Spurs last 6 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 5-1 in Spurs last 6 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1 in Spurs last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 4-1 in Spurs last 5 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 16-5 in Spurs last 21 vs. Western Conference.
- Over is 8-3 in Spurs last 11 home games.
- Over is 15-6 in Spurs last 21 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 11-5 in Spurs last 16 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 15-7 in Spurs last 22 vs. NBA Pacific.
- Over is 19-9 in Spurs last 28 overall.
- Underdog is 19-7 ATS in the last 26 meetings.