Cleveland (1-0) at Milwaukee (1-0)
When: Friday, October 20th 2017
Where: Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI
Time: 7:05 ET | TV: ESPN
Opening Odds: Cleveland -1.5/211.5
Two of the best players in the NBA will battle on Friday night as LeBron James’ Cleveland Cavaliers visit Giannis Antetokounmpo’s Milwaukee Bucks on ESPN. Antetokounmpo, who is just 22 years old, was strong in his 2017-18 debut on Wednesday, recording 37 points on 13-of-22 shooting, 13 rebounds, three assists and three steals in a 108-100 win at the Boston Celtics. James, 32, came up one assist shy of a triple-double in his season debut with 29 points, 16 rebounds and nine assists in a win over that same Boston team. Cleveland took three of four in the series last season and six of the last seven meetings overall.
Cleveland has eight new players on a team that went to the NBA Finals in each of the last three years including point guard Derrick Rose, who scored 14 points and brought down four rebounds in 31 minutes in Tuesday’s opener. Dwayne Wade, who signed to play with his buddy James after being bought out of his contract with the Chicago Bulls, managed eight points in 29 minutes in his Cavaliers debut. The arrivals of Rose and Wade pushed former starter J.R. Smith to the bench, but he responded with 10 points on 4-of-7 shooting in 22 minutes off the bench.
Milwaukee has not advanced past the first round since the 2000-01 season, but Antetokounmpo and company feel this could be their year. “I think we’re capable of doing big things this year,” Antetokounmpo told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel after beating Boston. Antetokounmpo has some help from reigning Rookie of the Year Malcolm Brogdon, who scored 19 points on 6-of-10 shooting on Wednesday while holding Boston star Kyrie Irving to 7-of-25 from the floor. Khris Middleton led the team with six assists on Wednesday.
This Milwaukee team will give Cleveland fits all season and they’re pretty good at home. The public is all over the Cavs here, so I’m going to take the small home dog.
Pick: Bucks +2
- Cavaliers are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 road games.
- Cavaliers are 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 games following a straight up win.
- Cavaliers are 23-8 ATS in their last 31 Friday games.
- Cavaliers are 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Cavaliers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 vs. NBA Central.
- Cavaliers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Bucks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Bucks are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Bucks are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Bucks are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 home games.
- Bucks are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 Friday games.
- Over is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Over is 4-1 in Cavaliers last 5 overall.
- Over is 4-1 in Cavaliers last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Over is 8-2 in Cavaliers last 10 Friday games.
- Over is 4-1 in Cavaliers last 5 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Cavaliers last 5 vs. NBA Central.
- Over is 4-1 in Cavaliers last 5 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Over is 20-7 in Cavaliers last 27 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 5-2 in Cavaliers last 7 road games.
- Over is 14-6 in Cavaliers last 20 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 29-13-1 in Cavaliers last 43 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 37-17-1 in Cavaliers last 55 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 35-17-1 in Cavaliers last 53 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 4-0 in Bucks last 4 home games.
- Under is 6-1-1 in Bucks last 8 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 6-1 in Bucks last 7 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 7-2 in Bucks last 9 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 19-6-1 in Bucks last 26 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 12-4-1 in Bucks last 17 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 8-3-1 in Bucks last 12 overall.
- Under is 7-3-1 in Bucks last 11 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 14-6-1 in Bucks last 21 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 11-5 in Bucks last 16 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 12-2 in the last 14 meetings in Milwaukee.
- Over is 20-7 in the last 27 meetings.