Boston (8-7-4) at New Jersey (12-5-3)
When: Wednesday, November 22nd 2017
Where: Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
Time: 7:05 ET | TV: NESN, MSG Plus 2
Opening Odds: New Jersey -125/5.5
The Boston Bruins conclude a coast-to-coast four-game road trip on Wednesday night when they visit the New Jersey Devils at Prudential Center. Boston began its trip in California with a loss to Anaheim before allowing a total of two goals in victories over Los Angeles and San Jose and are seeking their third straight victory before heading home for Thanksgiving. The Bruins received all of their goals in Saturday’s 3-1 victory over the Sharks from rookies, with Peter Cehlarik scoring the first of his NHL career. New Jersey has earned points in five of its last six games (3-1-2) after recording a 4-3 overtime victory at Minnesota on Monday. The Devils squandered a two-goal lead in the third period before defenseman John Moore lit the lamp just 52 seconds into overtime as the team concluded its four-game road trip with a 2-1-1 record and is tied with Columbus for first place in the Metropolitan Division. Adam Henrique snapped out of a slump against the Wild, recording three points (one goal, two assists) after just one assist over his previous nine games.
Anton Khudobin was in goal for the victories over the Kings and Sharks, stopping a total of 63 shots as he improved to 5-0-2 this season. Despite the success Khudobin has brought in his second stint with the Bruins, coach Bruce Cassidy maintains he still is the backup to veteran Tuukka Rask, although Khudobin has just four less starts than Rask, who is 3-7-2 on the season. David Pastrnak leads the team with 17 points but enters Wednesday in a four-game drought. Defenseman Torey Krug has missed two games with an upper-body injury and is day-to-day.
Defenseman Will Butcher has scored a goal in each of his last two games after failing to net one in his first 18 NHL games. Butcher is second on the team in scoring and leads all rookie defensemen in the league with 16 points. Henrique, who has scored 20 or more goals in three of his previous four seasons, has recorded only four in 20 games this in 2017-18. Winger Taylor Hall has four points in as many games and leads the team with 21 total.
We don’t know who is starting in goal for Boston, but either way, I still like New Jersey in this one. The Bruins offense is struggling to score, ranking 24th in the league, while the Devils have finally found an offense and are on a roll right now.
Pick: Devils -111
- Bruins are 7-3 in their last 10 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Bruins are 2-5 in their last 7 road games.
- Bruins are 1-4 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Bruins are 1-9 in their last 10 games following a win.
- Bruins are 1-10 in their last 11 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Bruins are 0-4 in their last 4 vs. Metropolitan.
- Bruins are 0-4 in their last 4 Wednesday games.
- Devils are 6-1 in their last 7 vs. Atlantic.
- Devils are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Devils are 4-1 in their last 5 Wednesday games.
- Devils are 36-15 in their last 51 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days.
- Devils are 191-89-12 in their last 292 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Devils are 22-46 in their last 68 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Devils are 11-23 in their last 34 home games.
- Devils are 6-14 in their last 20 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Devils are 7-19 in their last 26 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1 in Bruins last 5 overall.
- Under is 4-1 in Bruins last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 8-3-1 in Bruins last 12 games following a win.
- Under is 5-2-1 in Bruins last 8 vs. Metropolitan.
- Under is 5-2-1 in Bruins last 8 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Under is 20-8-2 in Bruins last 30 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 34-16-8 in Bruins last 58 Wednesday games.
- Over is 6-0-2 in Devils last 8 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days.
- Over is 12-3-1 in Devils last 16 games following a win.
- Over is 11-3 in Devils last 14 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 7-2-2 in Devils last 11 vs. Atlantic.
- Over is 6-2-1 in Devils last 9 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Under is 6-2 in Devils last 8 Wednesday games.
- Over is 8-3-1 in Devils last 12 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 5-2 in Devils last 7 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 35-16-10 in Devils last 61 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Under is 2-0-3 in the last 5 meetings in New Jersey.
- Under is 5-0-3 in the last 8 meetings.
- Home team is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings.
- Bruins are 19-7 in the last 26 meetings.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner