St Louis (13-4-1) at Calgary (9-7-0)
When: Monday, November 13th 2017
Where: Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta
Time: 9:05 ET | TV: FSN Midwest, Sportsnet West
Opening Odds: Calgary -120/5.5
The red-hot St. Louis Blues begin a three-game road trip when they visit an improved Calgary Flames team on Monday night in Alberta, Canada. The Flames will be ending a long seven-game homestand on Monday in which they are 4-2-0 thus far after losing three straight at Scotiabank Saddledome prior to this lengthy stretch. Calgary is coming off an impressive 6-3 win over Detroit on Thursday, giving them three full-days rest for the Blues. The aging Jaromir Jagr scored his first goal as a member of the Flames and added an assist while Johnny Gaudreau collected three points to raise his team-leading total to 22 as Calgary posted its fourth victory in five games. The Flames look to continue their success and avenge a previous loss to the Blues, who recorded a 5-2 win at home on October 25th. St. Louis is coming off a 5-2 home loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday in which Brayden Schenn recorded his ninth point in four games. The Blues are 3-0-1 in their last four road games and have suffered only two regulation losses in its last 12 games overall (9-2-1).
Schenn’s recent offensive surge has tied him with Vladimir Tarasenko for second on the team in scoring at 20 points. They are two behind leader Jaden Schwartz, who has been kept off the scoresheet in three of his last seven games after beginning the season with points in 10 of his first 11 and is two goals shy of 100 for his career. Center Mikael Backlund, who hasn’t scored in six games, is also two away from 100.
Sean Monahan recorded a pair of assists against the Red Wings to extend his point streak to six games and has three goals and five assists in that span. Linemates Gaudreau and Micheal Ferland have combined for 16 points in the past six games to spark the offense. Mark Jankowski, a 23-year-old center who made his NHL debut last season, recorded his first career point Thursday with a goal in his eighth game of the year. Center Paul Stastny needs three assists to reach 400 for his career.
I expect a high-scoring game in this contest, which could be a preview of a great playoff series come Spring time. The Blues have been terrific on the road, but I’m giving the slight edge to the home team in this contest tonight.
Pick: Flames -110
- Blues are 4-0 in their last 4 Monday games.
- Blues are 6-1 in their last 7 vs. Western Conference.
- Blues are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. Pacific.
- Blues are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Blues are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Blues are 9-3 in their last 12 games following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Blues are 18-8 in their last 26 road games.
- Blues are 40-19 in their last 59 overall.
- Blues are 45-22 in their last 67 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Flames are 4-1 in their last 5 overall.
- Flames are 4-1 in their last 5 home games.
- Flames are 22-8 in their last 30 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Flames are 13-6 in their last 19 vs. Central.
- Flames are 26-56 in their last 82 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Flames are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 7-1 in Blues last 8 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 6-1-1 in Blues last 8 Monday games.
- Under is 8-2-2 in Blues last 12 vs. Pacific.
- Over is 4-1 in Blues last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 24-8-5 in Blues last 37 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 19-7-1 in Blues last 27 road games.
- Over is 5-2 in Blues last 7 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 4-0-2 in Flames last 6 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Over is 4-1 in Flames last 5 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 5-2 in Flames last 7 games following a win.
- Over is 13-6-4 in Flames last 23 home games.
- Over is 35-17-2 in Flames last 54 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 4-1-2 in the last 7 meetings.
- Blues are 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Calgary.
- Blues are 8-3 in the last 11 meetings.
- Under is 20-8-2 in the last 30 meetings in Calgary.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner