[corner-ad id=2]Chicago (48-21-7) at Pittsburgh (46-18-11)
When: Wednesday, March 29th 2017
Where: PPG PAINTS Arena, Pittsburgh, PA
Time: 8:05 ET | TV: NBC Sports Network
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The Pittsburgh Penguins will try and snap a three-game losing streak when they host the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night Rivalry Night on NBC Sports Network. The Pens are still hopefully to gain the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, but time is running out and they are five points behind current leader Washington and two behind second place Columbus. Pittsburgh is coming of consecutive home losses including a 6-2 setback against in-state rival Philadelphia last time out. Captain Sidney Crosby (NHL-best 42 goals) has recorded just one point during the Penguins’ current skid and was kept off the scoresheet in a 4-1 loss against the Blackhawks on May 1st. Pittsburgh is already suffering from the injury bug, but avoided another absence as top-line forward Conor Sheary was a full participant in Tuesday’s practice, two days after exiting the Philadelphia game with a lower-body ailment. Former Hart Trophy winner Evgeni Malkin (shoulder) will likely miss his seventh straight game. Center Matt Cullen has recorded two goals and an assist in his last two games but missed practice on Tuesday due to illness and is questionable to play versus Chicago.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
After winning six of seven games, the Blackhawks have hit a bit of a wall, losing two straight and allowing 12 goals in the process. The Blackhawks squandered a three-goal lead en route to a 5-4 overtime loss to Tampa Bay on Monday after getting humiliated 7-0 at Florida two nights earlier. Reigning Hart Trophy winner Patrick Kane has exploded for 33 points (19 goals, 14 assists) in his last 24 games, highlighted by his fourth career regular-season hat trick in Chicago’s victory over Pittsburgh earlier this month. Rookie Nick Schmaltz dished out a pair of assists in that games and also set up two goals against the Lightning, increasing his point total to 19 (three goals, 16 assists) in his last 20 games. Captain Jonathan Toews has cooled off before accumulating three goals and four assists during a six-game point streak, but has been shut down in back-to-back games. Chicago still has a very comfortable lead in the Western Conference over reeling Minnesota and can wrap up the top seed as early as this weekend.
The Blackhawks are a healthier bunch right now and have been terrific on the road recently. Chicago has won 11 of their last 14 road contests, while the Penguins have dropped the last two at PPG PAINTS Arena.
Pick: Blackhawks +110
- Blackhawks are 6-0 in their last 6 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Blackhawks are 11-3 in their last 14 road games.
- Blackhawks are 18-6 in their last 24 overall.
- Blackhawks are 21-7 in their last 28 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Blackhawks are 5-2 in their last 7 vs. Metropolitan.
- Blackhawks are 44-19 in their last 63 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Blackhawks are 1-7 in their last 8 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Penguins are 10-2 in their last 12 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Penguins are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
- Penguins are 54-17 in their last 71 home games.
- Penguins are 18-6 in their last 24 games following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Penguins are 9-3 in their last 12 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Penguins are 37-14 in their last 51 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Penguins are 5-2 in their last 7 vs. Central.
- Penguins are 37-17 in their last 54 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Penguins are 0-5 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 5-1-2 in Blackhawks last 8 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 16-4-3 in Blackhawks last 23 road games.
- Over is 4-1 in Blackhawks last 5 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 19-5-2 in Blackhawks last 26 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 7-2-4 in Blackhawks last 13 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 12-4-3 in Blackhawks last 19 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 30-10-11 in Blackhawks last 51 vs. Metropolitan.
- Over is 24-9-1 in Blackhawks last 34 overall.
- Over is 9-4-3 in Blackhawks last 16 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 4-0 in Penguins last 4 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 5-1 in Penguins last 6 following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Over is 17-4-5 in Penguins last 26 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 4-1 in Penguins last 5 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 13-4 in Penguins last 17 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 11-4-1 in Penguins last 16 following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
- Over is 35-13-6 in Penguins last 54 home games.
- Over is 7-3-1 in Penguins last 11 games playing on 2 days rest.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Under is 4-0-1 in the last 5 meetings in Pittsburgh.
- Blackhawks are 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.
- Under is 12-3-1 in the last 16 meetings.
- Home team is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings.
- Blackhawks are 3-7-1 in the last 11 meetings in Pittsburgh.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE BLACKHAWKS VS PENGUINS GAME