Chicago (43-20-5) at Montreal (39-22-8)
When: Tuesday, March 14th 2017
Where: Belle Centre, Montreal, Quebec
Time: 7:35 ET | TV: NBC Sports Network
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The Montreal Canadiens and Chicago Blackhawks, who are both fighting for division titles, battle each other Tuesday night at Bell Centre on NBC Sports Network. The Blackhawks, who kick off a three-game road trip, ended a two-game skid with a 4-2 victory over Minnesota on Sunday – its third win over the Wild in a span of 14 games – to pull within one point of the division lead. Forward Patrick Kane, who led the league in scoring last season en route to winning the Hart Trophy, scored a goal and set up another against Minnesota to continue impressive hot streak. Kane reached 30 goals for the second straight season and third time in his career and has recorded a sizzling 15 goals and 24 points over the past 16 games. Goaltender Corey Crawford, coming off a season-high 42-save performance, is 6-0-2 lifetime with a 1.49 goals-against average versus Montreal. The Blackhawks have killed off all 10 opponents power plays in the month of March so far. Chicago has won six straight meetings and has a 10-game point streak (8-0-2) against Montreal.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
Montreal has won eight of their last ten games, but are still fending off red-hot Ottawa in the Atlantic Division. The ‘Habs are two points up on the Senators, but Ottawa has two games in hand. Montreal has won five of their last ten games in overtime with four of them coming before the shootout. Montreal capped a four-game road trip with a 4-1 victory at Edmonton on Sunday and has won seven of its last eight overall, with five of the wins coming away from home. Forward Paul Byron went scoreless in the month of February (13 games), but has come alive this month with four goals in five games. Byron, who has established career highs in goals (18), assists (16) and points (34) in his second season with Montreal, scored twice and set up another goal Sunday despite battling the flu that kept him out of practice the previous day. Captain Max Pacioretty has four straight 30-goal seasons but has only one goal in nine games versus Chicago. Goaltender Carey Price has allowed six total goals during a six-start winning streak.
Chicago has dominated this series in recent years, winning six straight and the Canadiens really struggle against Central Division teams. This should be a tight game throughout, but Chicago will pull out another road victory.
Pick: Blackhawks +105
- Blackhawks are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Blackhawks are 5-0 in their last 5 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Blackhawks are 8-1 in their last 9 road games.
- Blackhawks are 14-3 in their last 17 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Blackhawks are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Blackhawks are 19-7 in their last 26 games following a win.
- Blackhawks are 19-7 in their last 26 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Blackhawks are 20-8 in their last 28 overall.
- Blackhawks are 7-3 in their last 10 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Blackhawks are 37-16 in their last 53 vs. Atlantic.
- Canadiens are 4-0 in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Canadiens are 7-1 in their last 8 overall.
- Canadiens are 7-1 in their last 8 Tuesday games.
- Canadiens are 5-1 in their last 6 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canadiens are 5-1 in their last 6 games following a win.
- Canadiens are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canadiens are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canadiens are 8-20 in their last 28 vs. Central.
- Canadiens are 2-5 in their last 7 home games.
- Over is 6-0-2 in Blackhawks last 8 in the third game of a 3-in-4 days situation.
- Over is 13-2-3 in Blackhawks last 18 road games.
- Over is 13-2-1 in Blackhawks last 16 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 6-1 in Blackhawks last 7 vs. Atlantic.
- Over is 4-1 in Blackhawks last 5 Tuesday games.
- Over is 4-1-2 in Blackhawks last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 19-6-1 in Blackhawks last 26 overall.
- Over is 8-3-1 in Blackhawks last 12 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 16-6-2 in Blackhawks last 24 games following a win.
- Over is 8-3-3 in Blackhawks last 14 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 30-14-14 in Blackhawks last 58 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 3-0-2 in Canadiens last 5 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 4-0 in Canadiens last 4 Tuesday games.
- Under is 3-0-2 in Canadiens last 5 games following a win.
- Under is 5-0-3 in Canadiens last 8 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 4-0 in Canadiens last 4 home games.
- Under is 3-0-2 in Canadiens last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 7-1-3 in Canadiens last 11 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 13-4-4 in Canadiens last 21 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 9-3-3 in Canadiens last 15 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 15-6-5 in Canadiens last 26 overall.
- Over is 25-10-3 in Canadiens last 38 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Under is 4-0-1 in the last 5 meetings in Montreal.
- Blackhawks are 6-0 in the last 6 meetings.
- Home team is 13-3 in the last 16 meetings.
- Blackhawks are 2-6 in the last 8 meetings in Montreal.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE BLACKHAWKS VS CANADIENS GAME