Arizona State (19-7, 7-7) at Oregon (17-10, 7-7)
When: Thursday, February 22nd 2018
Where: Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR
Time: 11:30 ET | TV: FS1
Opening Odds: Oregon -2.5
Both the Oregon Ducks and Arizona State Sun Devils are looking to improve their seeding in the upcoming Pac-12 Tournament, and will meet in a pivotal game this Thursday night in Eugene, Oregon. Oregon lost both games in Los Angeles last week to USC and UCLA and will try to avoid their first three-game losing streak in four years. The losses dropped the Ducks into a tie for seventh in the conference standings with Arizona State, which was ranked as high as No. 4 in the coaches’ poll earlier this season. The Ducks haven’t lost three in a row since dropping five straight in January 2014, but they still managed to regroup that season and win an NCAA Tournament game in consecutive seasons for the first time in program history. Oregon is looking for the season sweep of Arizona State after beating them 76-72 last month in Tempe. Arizona State coach Bobby Hurley moved 6’9″ freshman Vitaliy Shibel into the starting lineup to help jumpstart some offense from the frontcourt, but Shibel hasn’t been effective, combining for two points in 46 minutes over the past five games. Oregon senior forward MiKyle McIntosh is coming off a huge week in which he combined for 42 points on 17-for-28 shooting in the losses to USC and UCLA. Oregon is 123-16 at Matthew Knight Arena since its home court opened in 2011.
Sun Devils’ guard Kodi Justice scored 21 points and hit four 3-pointers against the Ducks on January 11th, and is coming off a productive week in which he scored 17 points in a win against UCLA and a 19 points in a loss to No. 14 Arizona. Prior to the UCLA game, Justice had been limited to single digits in five of the previous six games. Justice finished last season strong, averaging 18.3 points in four games from February 23rd to March 8th before cooling off in the season-finale against Oregon and finishing with five points on 2-for-13 shooting. Six different players for Arizona State have scored at least 20 points this season.
Guard Payton Pritchard is starting to heat up for the Ducks, scoring above his 14.9 per game average in three-straight and is shooting 41% from beyond the arc this season. Pritchard is averaging 17.8 points over the past four games, and the sophomore guard played well against Arizona State earlier this season, scoring 18 points with six assists and one turnover. Pritchard is averaging 6.8 assists over his last four games and 4.9 on the season. The Ducks tied a program record with 39 3-point attempts in the overtime loss to UCLA on Saturday.
Oregon will not lose their third game in a row, especially on their home court, where they are almost unbeatable. The Sun Devils are just not the same team they were earlier in the season and they haven’t won a road game against a team with a winning record since January 7th.
Pick: Oregon -3
- Sun Devils are 14-4-2 ATS in their last 20 games following a ATS loss.
- Sun Devils are 10-3-1 ATS in their last 14 games following a straight up loss.
- Sun Devils are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 road games following three or more consecutive home games.
- Sun Devils are 3-9-2 ATS in their last 14 games overall.
- Sun Devils are 1-3-2 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Sun Devils are 3-10-2 ATS in their last 15 vs. Pacific-12.
- Sun Devils are 2-8-2 ATS in their last 12 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Sun Devils are 1-4-2 ATS in their last 7 road games.
- Sun Devils are 1-6-2 ATS in their last 9 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Sun Devils are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 Thursday games.
- Ducks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Ducks are 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 Thursday games.
- Ducks are 27-13 ATS in their last 40 vs. Pacific-12.
- Under is 4-1 in Sun Devils last 5 Thursday games.
- Under is 16-5 in Sun Devils last 21 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 6-2-1 in Sun Devils last 9 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Sun Devils last 5 games following a straight up loss.
- Under is 8-3 in Sun Devils last 11 road games following three or more consecutive home games.
- Over is 7-3-1 in Sun Devils last 11 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 15-7-1 in Sun Devils last 23 vs. Pacific-12.
- Under is 6-1 in Ducks last 7 home games.
- Under is 6-1 in Ducks last 7 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 13-3 in Ducks last 16 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 22-8 in Ducks last 30 Thursday games.
- Under is 7-3 in Ducks last 10 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 9-4 in Ducks last 13 overall.
- Under is 9-4 in Ducks last 13 vs. Pacific-12.
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Oregon.
- Sun Devils are 7-2-2 ATS in the last 11 meetings in Oregon.
- Under is 20-6 in the last 26 meetings.
- Underdog is 7-2-1 ATS in the last 10 meetings.
- Sun Devils are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
- Road team is 12-3-1 ATS in the last 16 meetings.