Alabama (7-2) at Arizona (6-3)
When: Saturday, December 9th 2017
Where: McKale Center, Tucson, AZ
Time: 10:00 ET | TV: ESPN2
Opening Odds: Arizona -8/150
The Arizona Wildcats look to stay hot when they host the up-and-coming Alabama Crimson Tide on Saturday night at McKale Center in Tucson. The Wildcats were the second-ranked team in the nation before heading to the Bahamas on Thanksgiving week and were promptly bounced in all three games to fall completely out of the rankings. They have rebounded for three-straight quality wins over Long Beach State, UNLV, and No. 9 Texas A&M, which means a win over Alabama would more than likely get them back into the Top 25. Alabama bounced back from a surprising loss to Central Florida with a 68-64 victory over Rhode Island on Wednesday and are also receiving votes in the AP Poll. Alabama star point guard Collin Sexton leads the way with a team-high 20.8 points a game, but was limited to 17 minutes in Wednesday’s victory over the Rams due to an eye injury. The 6’3″ freshman expects to be available Saturday as Alabama heads into its first true road contest of the season. Arizona is 26-26 all-time against SEC opponents, including five consecutive victories.
Two Alabama players recorded double-doubles against Rhode Island as forward Donta Hall had 13 points and a career-high 14 rebounds, while guard Dazon Ingram added 10 points and 14 boards. Hall leads the SEC in field goal percentage at 75.0 and ranks second in blocks per game at 2.8. Sophomore wing Daniel Giddens, a transfer from Ohio State, also contributed with 12 points, six rebounds and two blocks in 17 minutes off the bench. Forward Braxton Key, an SEC All-Freshman selection last year, has yet to play due to preseason knee surgery but could make his season debut against Arizona.
Freshman center Deandre Ayton averages 19.6 points and a team-high 11.2 rebounds for Arizona and recorded his seventh double-double in nine games with 13 points and 10 rebounds in Tuesday’s 67-64 win over Texas A&M in Phoenix. The Wildcats’ offense is led by Ayton and junior wing Allonzo Trier, who was held to seven points on 2-of-7 shooting against the Aggies but is averaging a team-high 22 points while shooting 55.5% from the field. Sophomore guard Rawle Alkins is still out with a broken foot but could return Saturday after lightly practicing on Tuesday. Arizona has won 44 consecutive non-conference games at the McKale Center.
I like this Alabama team, but Arizona is now focused after that three-game losing streak and the McKale Center is a tough place for a team to play their first road game of the year. I like Arizona a lot in this one.
Pick: Arizona -8
- Crimson Tide are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 vs. Pacific-12.
- Crimson Tide are 8-18 ATS in their last 26 games following a straight up win.
- Crimson Tide are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 road games following three or more consecutive home games.
- Crimson Tide are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Crimson Tide are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Crimson Tide are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 non-conference games.
- Crimson Tide are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Wildcats are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 home games.
- Wildcats are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 vs. Southeastern.
- Wildcats are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Wildcats are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Wildcats are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Wildcats are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 5-1 in Crimson Tide last 6 vs. Pacific-12.
- Under is 4-1 in Crimson Tide last 5 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 21-7 in Crimson Tide last 28 non-conference games.
- Under is 8-3 in Crimson Tide last 11 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 5-2 in Crimson Tide last 7 overall.
- Over is 7-3 in Crimson Tide last 10 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Over is 7-3 in Crimson Tide last 10 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 6-0-1 in Wildcats last 7 games following a ATS win.
- Over is 7-2-1 in Wildcats last 10 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 9-4-1 in Wildcats last 14 overall.
- Under is 9-4-1 in Wildcats last 14 vs. Southeastern.
- Under is 45-22-1 in Wildcats last 68 Saturday games.