2006 Kentucky Derby Picks
|Kentucky Derby Picks 2006 – Top 15 Kentucky Derby Contenders as of April 8, 2006 |
by Ultimatecapper.com Horse Handicapper Kenneth Strong
1. Brother Derek – Easy win in Santa Anita Derby makes him the current Kentucky Derby favorite.
2. Lawyer Ron – Showed he could come from off the pace when he powered away from his field in the Rebel Stakes.
3. Discreet Cat – Impressive win over some top European runners in the U.A.E. Derby.
4. Barbaro – Perfect 5-for-5 lifetime after very game win over Sharp Humor in the Florida Derby.
5. Sweetnorthernsaint – Big win in Illinois Derby and improving fast.
6. Bob and John – Scored a grinding win in Wood Memorial over favored Keyed Entry, who ran average at best.
7. A.P Warrior – Couldn’t get by lone speed favorite Brother Derek in Santa Anita Derby but could improve.
8. Point Determined – Rallied to pick up the pieces in Santa Anita Derby.
9. Bluegrass Cat – Second best in Tampa Bay Derby against suspect competition but did have a wide trip.
10. Cause To Believe – Victim of slow pace in Illinois Derby. Needs a perfect trip behind a fast pace.
11. Private Vow – Came up short in Rebel Stakes, his first start of the year. Needs a big move forward in next.
12. First Samurai – Always tries but doesn’t appear to want the Kentucky Derby distance of a mile and quarter.
13. Jazil – Came flying late in sloppy Wood Memorial. Could he be the long bomb rallier into a hot Derby pace?
14. Sharp Humor – Extremely game in Florida Derby loss, but running style could hurt him in Kentucky Derby.
15. With A City – Lane’s End winner deserves a mention, even if he will be 70-1 or higher.
Upcoming 2006 Kentucky Derby Prep Races:
April 15 – Oaklawn Park – Arkansas Derby-G2 – 1 1/8m