Ottawa (32-20-6) at Carolina (24-24-8)
When: Friday, February 24th 2017
Where: PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
Time: 7:35 ET | TV: TSN5, FSN Carolina
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The last place Carolina Hurricanes host the injury-riddled Ottawa Senators on Friday night in Raleigh. Ottawa began a four-game road trip with a 2-1 victory at New Jersey on Wednesday to maintain its hold on second place in the Atlantic Division. The Senators have won five of seven overall and their last three away from home but are again expected to be without forwards Mark Stone, Mike Hoffman and Bobby Ryan. While Ryan is expected to be sidelined for a month, Stone (groin) and Hoffman (neck) were both at practice Thursday and are hoping to lace it up for Friday’s contest. Without those offensive forwards, the Senators are getting solid contributions from defenseman Erik Karlsson, who has two goals and six assists during a six-game point streak. Veteran goalie Craig Anderson, who has played four games since returning from a long abscence to be with his sick wife, is 3-1 since his return with a goals against average less than 2.00. He is 15-7 overall on the season with a save percentage of .927. Anderson is 9-3-4 with a 2.21 goals-against average versus Carolina in his career.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
The Hurricanes have pretty much given up on the postseason as they are now double-digit points out of the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference. Carolina also just traded away veteran defenseman Ron Hainsey to Pittsburgh on Thursday for forward Danny Kristo and a second-round draft pick. Carolina is in the midst of its second five-game losing streak over the past 13 games and is 0-2-1 on its current five-game homestand. The Hurricanes have scored just four goals during their five-game skid and their offense is ranked 22nd overall (2.5 goals/game). Goalie Cam Ward has not looked good lately either, surrendering 14 goals during his current four-game losing streak. Forward Jeff Skinner, who reached 20 goals for the fifth time in seven seasons, has six goals in 21 games versus Ottawa. The Hurricanes will end their homestand with Calgary on Sunday before heading to Florida to face the Lightning and Panthers.
Even with Ottawa going through the injury bug, I expect them to score enough for Anderson to have another solid start in net and for the Sens to win this contest.
Pick: Senators +115
- Senators are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. Metropolitan.
- Senators are 4-1 in their last 5 road games.
- Senators are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Senators are 5-2 in their last 7 overall.
- Senators are 5-2 in their last 7 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Senators are 20-41 in their last 61 Friday games.
- Senators are 2-5 in their last 7 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Senators are 2-5 in their last 7 games following a win.
- Senators are 2-5 in their last 7 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Hurricanes are 4-1 in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Hurricanes are 6-2 in their last 8 vs. Atlantic.
- Hurricanes are 30-63 in their last 93 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Hurricanes are 2-5 in their last 7 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Hurricanes are 2-5 in their last 7 home games.
- Hurricanes are 2-7 in their last 9 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Hurricanes are 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Hurricanes are 0-5 in their last 5 overall.
- Hurricanes are 0-4 in their last 4 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 6-1 in Senators last 7 overall.
- Under is 5-1 in Senators last 6 games following a win.
- Under is 5-1 in Senators last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 4-1 in Senators last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 6-2-1 in Senators last 9 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 27-11-3 in Senators last 41 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Under is 54-24-2 in Senators last 80 vs. Metropolitan.
- Under is 4-0 in Hurricanes last 4 home games.
- Over is 4-1 in Hurricanes last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Hurricanes last 6 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Hurricanes last 5 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Hurricanes last 5 overall.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Hurricanes last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 16-7-8 in Hurricanes last 31 Friday games.
- Under is 37-18-12 in Hurricanes last 67 vs. Atlantic.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Home team is 25-7 in the last 32 meetings.
- Under is 15-5-2 in the last 22 meetings in Carolina.
- Under is 11-4-1 in the last 16 meetings.
- Senators are 3-13 in the last 16 meetings in Carolina.
CLICK HERE TO BET THE SENATORS VS HURRICANES GAME