Red Sox @ Yankees Preview and Pick ]]> include($base_url . “/includes/header.htm”); ?>
| Bet MLB games at Bdg
Opening Line: Yankees -120
This week’s ESPN Sunday Night game takes us to the new Yankee Stadium in the Bronx as the Yankees host the Boston Red Sox. After taking the first 8 meetings this year, the Red Sox look to avoid a 4-game sweep at the hands of the Yankees. Boston hasn’t scored in their last 24 innings after getting shutout 2-0 in 15 innings Friday night and 5-0 on Saturday. The Yanks are starting to put some distance between them and the Red Sox in the A.L. East and now lead by 5.5 games, while the Sox have seen their Wild Card lead slip to 1 over Texas and 1.5 over Tampa Bay. It looks like Jason Bay will out another game for the Red Sox who have lost 4 in a row without him. Someone needs to get this offense going.
The good news for the Sox is that Andy Pettitte is starting for the Yankees. They have owned him as of late. Pettitte comes in with a 9-6 record and 4.35 ERA, but has a 6.27 ERA against the Sox the last 3 years including 10.88 in his last two home starts versus Boston. He’ll be opposed by Jon Lester (9-7 3.79) who will be trying to be the stopper tonight. Lester has had good success against the Yankees the last 2 years. In 5 starts, he’s posted a very good 2.05 ERA.
I like the pitching matchup for the Red Sox tonight and I believe their bats will get back on track. Look for Boston to avoid the 4-game sweep.
Pick: Red Sox +105
Bet this game now at Bdg Sportsbook
Here are some other trends to consider in this game:
- Red Sox are 8-2 in their last 10 during game 4 of a series.
- Red Sox are 4-1 in their last 5 games after losing the first 3 games of a series.
- Red Sox are 5-0 in Lesters last 5 starts during game 4 of a series.
- Red Sox are 4-0 in Lesters last 4 road starts with the total set at 9.0-10.5.
- Red Sox are 6-1 in Lesters last 7 starts following a team loss in their previous game.
- Red Sox are 6-1 in Lesters last 7 starts after scoring 2 runs or less in their previous game.
- Red Sox are 5-1 in Lesters last 6 starts following a Quality Start in his last appearance.
- Red Sox are 7-2 in Lesters last 9 starts when their opponent allows 2 runs or less in their previous game.
- Red Sox are 10-3 in Lesters last 13 Sunday starts.
- Red Sox are 26-8 in Lesters last 34 starts with 4 days of rest.
- Red Sox are 45-14 in Lesters last 59 starts on grass.
- Red Sox are 41-14 in Lesters last 55 starts with the total set at 9.0-10.5.
- Red Sox are 23-8 in Lesters last 31 starts when their opponent scores 5 runs or more in their previous game.
- Red Sox are 20-7 in Lesters last 27 starts vs. a team with a winning record.
- Red Sox are 16-6 in Lesters last 22 starts after allowing 5 runs or more in their previous game.
- Red Sox are 7-3 in Lesters last 10 starts vs. American League East.
- Red Sox are 49-23 in Lesters last 72 starts.
- Yankees are 4-12 in Pettittes last 16 starts when their opponent allows 5 runs or more in their previous game.
- Yankees are 2-7 in Pettittes last 9 home starts vs. a team with a winning record.
- Yankees are 1-4 in Pettittes last 5 starts after scoring 5 runs or more in their previous game.
- Yankees are 1-4 in Pettittes last 5 starts vs. a team with a winning record.
- Yankees are 1-4 in Pettittes last 5 starts with the total set at 9.0-10.5.
- Yankees are 1-4 in Pettittes last 5 starts as a favorite.
- Yankees are 1-5 in Pettittes last 6 starts with 4 days of rest.
Send comments on this article to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE TO BET ON MLB BASEBALL GAMES AT A SPORTSBOOK THAT LETS YOU DEPOSIT WITH YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT INSTANTLY! GET A 10% BONUS TOO!
include($base_url . “/includes/footer.htm”); ?> ]]>
: getimagesize(/home/ultimate/public_html/reclama/www/delivery/avw.php) [function.getimagesize
]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ultimate/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/vthumb.php
on line 52