Toronto (7-5) at Houston (11-3)
When: Tuesday, November 14th 2017
Where: Toyota Center, Houston, TX
Time: 8:05 ET | TV: NBA TV
Opening Odds: Houston -5/219
The red-hot Houston Rockets look to extend their long winning streak when they host the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday night at Toyota Center. Houston is not only winning, but they’re rolling their opponents during their current six-game streak, winning by an average of 17.7 points while averaging 120.2. Rockets star James Harden is averaging 35.8 points and 11.5 assists during the streak and he contributed 26 points and a season-best 15 assists in Sunday’s 118-95 rout of the Indiana Pacers. The Raptors hit a season low for points on Sunday when they opened a three-game road trip with a 95-94 setback to the sizzling Boston Celtics. Toronto had a chance to win the game, but guard DeMar DeRozan missed a last second turnaround jumper. Houston has taken three of the past four meetings with Toronto and are 6-1 against the East this season.
DeRozan had 24 points against the Celtics – his 10th game with 24 or more this season – but was just 8-of-22 from the field. The rest of the team shot well against Boston and are seventh in the league with a 47.0 shooting percentage. Point guard Kyle Lowry’s production has been way down this season. He’s averaging just 13.4 points a game after averaging a career-best 22.4 last year. He’s also just shooting 41.6% from the floor and 35.1% from beyond the arc. The Raptors will get no rest as they wrap-up their road trip in New Orleans Wednesday night.
Houston is getting out to fast starts during their current run and have held a double-digit lead at the end of the first quarter in each of the last five games. They’re doing this all without point guard Chris Paul (knee), who hasn’t played since the season opener, but could return by the end of the week. Harden wasn’t the only one contributing last game, as Eric Gordon and Clint Capela each scored over 20 points. Capela had 20 points and 17 rebounds in the victory and already has eight double-doubles. Houston ranks third in scoring offense (111.1) and eighth in defense (102.9). The Rockets will get a day off before playing at Phoenix on Thursday.
I can’t got against a Houston team that is pounding opponents like they are. The Raptors don’t have enough on defense to slow the Rockets down, and really not enough on offense either. I like Houston to win by double-digits here.
Pick: Rockets -5
- Raptors are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss.
- Raptors are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a ATS loss.
- Raptors are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Raptors are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Raptors are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Raptors are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 Tuesday games.
- Raptors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Rockets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Rockets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Rockets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Rockets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win.
- Rockets are 35-16 ATS in their last 51 Tuesday games.
- Rockets are 6-13 ATS in their last 19 games following a ATS win.
- Rockets are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 home games.
- Rockets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- Over is 4-1 in Raptors last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 4-1 in Raptors last 5 vs. NBA Southwest.
- Under is 12-4 in Raptors last 16 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Under is 24-9 in Raptors last 33 road games.
- Over is 37-18 in Raptors last 55 Tuesday games.
- Over is 4-0 in Rockets last 4 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Over is 4-1 in Rockets last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 4-1 in Rockets last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 7-2 in Rockets last 9 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- Over is 5-2 in Rockets last 7 overall.
- Under is 7-3 in Rockets last 10 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings.
- Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Houston.
- Home team is 14-5-1 ATS in the last 20 meetings.