Toronto (17-7) at LA Clippers (9-15)
When: Monday, December 11th 2017
Where: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
Time: 10:35 ET | TV: NBA TV
Opening Odds: Toronto -5/212.5
The red-hot Toronto Raptors will seek their eighth win in a row when they visit the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday night at Staples Center in Southern California. The Raptors, who are the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference (half-game behind Cleveland), swept a three-game homestand before winning the first two of a four-game road swing. The Raptors are averaging 117 points during their six-game run, but it was the defense that carried the team to a 102-87 victory at Sacramento on Sunday. Toronto blew a 15-point lead early in the game, but forced 21 Kings’ turnovers to help put them away. Toronto’s winning streak matches its longest since an 11-game run in 2015-16. The Clippers snapped a four-game losing streak with a dramatic win over Washington on Saturday, as Lou Williams’ 3-pointer with 1.2 seconds left clinched it. Los Angeles had to endure some controversy and replay reviews to negate the Wizards’ game-winning attempt at the buzzer.
DeMar DeRozan led all scorers with 25 points in the win at Sacramento and is averaging 25.4 while shooting 50% and handing out 6.8 assists in the last five games. DeRozan is 35-for-42 from the foul line over a four-game stretch but he’s missed all 11 of his 3-point tries over his last seven games including 0-for-1 Sunday. Point guard Kyle Lowry had a terrible shooting day against Sacramento, going 3-for-12 from beyond the arc, but did pick up 12 rebounds. Serge Ibaka nailed four of his seven three-point attempts and is a sizzling 13-for-21 from long range over his past four contests. The Raptors will get a day off on Tuesday before ending their road trip on Phoenix on Wednesday.
Danilo Gallinari struggled in his first game back from a buttocks injury with seven points on 2-of-13 shooting against Minnesota, but rebounded to score 25 points against the Wizards and gives L.A. a much-needed scorer to go along with Williams, who has carried the team through various injuries. Both Williams and Austin Rivers were 4-of-8 from 3-point range against the Wizards and Rivers is averaging 23 points over his last three games. Power forward Montrezl Harrell was the only other double-digit scorer on Saturday (11) and has made 19 of his last 24 field goal attempts covering five games. Center DeAndre Jordan has at least 16 rebounds in four of his last five games. Point guard Milos Teodosic (foot) has missed 22 straight games but could be back on Monday.
I normally wouldn’t take a road favorite after playing the day before, but this Toronto team is hot right now and they actually played in the afternoon on Sunday, and will play late on Monday. The Clippers don’t have enough scorers to hang with the Raptors.
Pick: Raptors -5
- Raptors are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
- Raptors are 18-7-1 ATS in their last 26 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Raptors are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- Raptors are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 vs. Western Conference.
- Clippers are 5-12 ATS in their last 17 games overall.
- Clippers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 Monday games.
- Clippers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 home games.
- Clippers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Clippers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Clippers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- Over is 4-0 in Raptors last 4 overall.
- Over is 7-0 in Raptors last 7 vs. Western Conference.
- Over is 7-1 in Raptors last 8 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- Under is 5-1 in Raptors last 6 vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
- Under is 9-3 in Raptors last 12 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Under is 7-3 in Raptors last 10 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
- Under is 27-12 in Raptors last 39 road games.
- Over is 4-0 in Clippers last 4 home games.
- Over is 5-1 in Clippers last 6 overall.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Clippers last 5 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- Under is 17-8-1 in Clippers last 26 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Under is 11-3 in the last 14 meetings in Los Angeles.
- Raptors are 21-8 ATS in the last 29 meetings.
- Raptors are 11-5 ATS in the last 16 meetings in Los Angeles.