NY Rangers (40-21-2) at Boston (33-24-6)
When: Thursday, March 2nd 2017
Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
Time: 7:05 ET | TV: NBC Sports Network
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
Two hot teams will meet Thursday night when the Boston Bruins, host the New York Rangers at TD Garden. Boston has fought their way back into the playoff position in the Eastern Conference, but face a stern test tonight. The Rangers are one of four very strong teams in the Metropolitan Division. NBCSN has the coverage starting at 7 PM ET.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
Boston has been playing improved hockey since they fired head coach Claude Julien three weeks ago. The Bruins won six of their first seven games with Bruce Cassidy taking over on an interim basis, putting them in third place in the Atlantic Division. However, the Rangers are also on a hot streak and would be in first place if they were in the Atlantic.
The Rangers (40-21-2 SU, 30-33 ATS) hit the road after back-to-back home losses to Columbus and Washington. Despite that, they sit in the first wildcard position in the Eastern Conference and seem poised to make the playoffs for a seventh straight season. Over the course of the season, the Rangers have been top offensive units, owning the 4th best team offense with 3.24 goals scored per game. Look for a high-scoring affair on as the Bruins have been putting the puck past the goalies quite a bit lately.
This should be a fun Original Six matchup as both teams are playing well, but the Bruins are the hotter team right now and this game is in Boston, where they’ve won four in a row. I also like the fact that the home team has won seven of eight in this series.
Pick: Bruins -140
- Rangers are 7-1 in their last 8 Thursday games.
- Rangers are 5-1 in their last 6 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Rangers are 13-3 in their last 16 games following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Rangers are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Atlantic.
- Rangers are 7-2 in their last 9 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Rangers are 20-6 in their last 26 road games.
- Rangers are 10-3 in their last 13 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Rangers are 6-2 in their last 8 games following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
- Rangers are 9-4 in their last 13 overall.
- Rangers are 68-33 in their last 101 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Rangers are 2-5 in their last 7 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Rangers are 1-4 in their last 5 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Bruins are 4-0 in their last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Bruins are 4-0 in their last 4 home games.
- Bruins are 7-1 in their last 8 overall.
- Bruins are 5-1 in their last 6 games following a win.
- Bruins are 5-2 in their last 7 Thursday games.
- Bruins are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Bruins are 2-10 in their last 12 vs. Metropolitan.
- Bruins are 1-5 in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 4-0 in Rangers last 4 vs. Atlantic.
- Under is 4-1 in Rangers last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 4-1 in Rangers last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 13-4-4 in Rangers last 21 following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Over is 6-2 in Rangers last 8 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Over is 8-3-8 in Rangers last 19 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 days situation.
- Over is 5-2-2 in Rangers last 9 following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
- Over is 9-4 in Rangers last 13 road games.
- Over is 9-4-3 in Rangers last 16 Thursday games.
- Over is 33-16-11 in Rangers last 60 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 35-17-9 in Rangers last 61 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 5-0 in Bruins last 5 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Over is 7-1-1 in Bruins last 9 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 7-1 in Bruins last 8 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 5-1 in Bruins last 6 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Bruins last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Bruins last 6 Thursday games.
- Over is 8-2 in Bruins last 10 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 12-3-2 in Bruins last 17 vs. Metropolitan.
- Over is 10-3-1 in Bruins last 14 overall.
- Over is 5-2 in Bruins last 7 home games.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Rangers are 4-0 in the last 4 meetings.
- Home team is 7-1 in the last 8 meetings.
- Over is 5-1-1 in the last 7 meetings.
- Over is 3-1-1 in the last 5 meetings in Boston.
- Rangers are 1-7 in the last 8 meetings in Boston.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE RANGERS VS BRUINS GAME