Florida (27-20-10) at St Louis (31-23-5)
When: Monday, February 20th 2017
Where: Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO
Time: 8:05 ET | TV: NHL Network
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
Two surging clubs will do battle on Monday night as the Florida Panthers visit the St. Louis Blues at Scottrade Center – broadcast on NHL Network. The Panthers are looking to complete an amazing 5-0 road trip with a victory tonight and are scoring goals in bunches. Over the first four games of their perfect road swing, the Panthers have collected 20 goals including a 3-2 win at Los Angeles on Saturday night. The recent streak now has Florida currently in the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Aleksander Barkov has registered eight points (five goals) in six games and defenseman Alex Petrovic has been solid, since both had long stints on injured reserve while Jonathan Huberdeau has eight points in his first six games of the season following an Achilles injury. Tom Rowe, who took over head coaching duties in November, now sees how this young team can operate when healthy. “Now they’re taking advantage, feeling good and playing some good hockey.” Center Vincent Trocheck (two goals, five assists) and RW Jaromir Jagr (two, three) both are riding five-game point streaks. Florida returns home after this contest in St. Louis and will play four straight in Miami with no back-to-backs.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
The Blues are also hot, but had their six-game winning streak snapped on Saturday in a 3-2 loss at Buffalo despite getting 17 shots on goal in the third period. The recent surge has seen the Blues pass the Nashville Predators for third place in the Central Division. The Blues turnaround this month can be attributed mostly to their defense, where it has allowed just 14 goals in nine games while goaltenders Jake Allen and Carter Hutton have raised their level of play after struggling mightily. Allen is 5-2-0 with a .934 save percentage this month and Hutton has posted three shutouts over his last four starts including two in as many outings in February. Leading scorer Vladimir Tarasenko (28 goals, 56 points) has scored in back-to-back games and defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk, who has been mentioned in trade rumors, is second on the club with 42 points – including a team-high 31 assists. The offense could see a boost as well with Paul Stastny (35 points) possibly returning to the lineup Monday after missing the last four games with a lower-body injury.
It’s hard to go against either team right now, but the Blues are a better team overall, and if the goaltending can stay solid, they’ll be a threat in the playoffs. Picking Florida to win their fifth straight road game is something I can’t do. Take the Blues.
Pick: Blues -135
- Panthers are 4-0 in their last 4 road games.
- Panthers are 4-0 in their last 4 overall.
- Panthers are 4-0 in their last 4 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Panthers are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. Western Conference.
- Panthers are 5-1 in their last 6 games following a win.
- Panthers are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Central.
- Panthers are 4-1 in their last 5 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Panthers are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Panthers are 6-2 in their last 8 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Panthers are 18-38 in their last 56 Monday games.
- Panthers are 4-9 in their last 13 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Panthers are 5-12 in their last 17 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Blues are 4-0 in their last 4 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Blues are 6-1 in their last 7 overall.
- Blues are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Blues are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Blues are 62-27 in their last 89 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Blues are 54-25 in their last 79 vs. Atlantic.
- Blues are 7-15 in their last 22 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Blues are 2-5 in their last 7 home games.
- Over is 3-0-2 in Panthers last 5 overall.
- Over is 3-0-2 in Panthers last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 2-0-3 in Panthers last 5 road games.
- Over is 2-0-2 in Panthers last 4 games following a win.
- Over is 3-0-2 in Panthers last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Over is 2-0-2 in Panthers last 4 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Panthers last 6 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Panthers last 6 in the third game of a 3-in-4 days situation.
- Over is 4-1 in Panthers last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 6-2-1 in Panthers last 9 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 64-30-15 in Panthers last 109 vs. Central.
- Over is 5-1 in Blues last 6 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Blues last 5 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 days situation.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Blues last 6 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Over is 7-2-4 in Blues last 13 vs. Atlantic.
- Over is 13-4-6 in Blues last 23 home games.
- Under is 3-1-2 in Blues last 6 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Over is 6-2-3 in Blues last 11 Monday games.
- Under is 5-2-2 in Blues last 9 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 32-15-12 in Blues last 59 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 29-14-8 in Blues last 51 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Under is 16-5-1 in the last 22 meetings.
- Under is 6-2-1 in the last 9 meetings in St. Louis.
- Panthers are 3-9-1 in the last 13 meetings in St. Louis.
- Road team is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- Panthers are 1-7 in the last 8 meetings.
CLICK HERE TO BET THE PANTHERS VS BLUES GAME