NY Islanders (35-28-12) at Philadelphia (36-32-8)
When: Thursday, March 30th 2017
Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
Time: 7:05 ET | TV: MSG-Plus, CSN Philadelphia
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The New York Islanders are clinging to their playoff lives with the season running down and sit fifth in the Metropolitan Division. New York is four points behind the Boston Bruins in the race for the second Wild Card spot and will visit the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday night. MSG+ and CSN provide local coverage starting at 7 PM ET. The Flyers are technically still in the race, too, but with seven games remaining in their regular season, they need to win and get help. That’s going to be difficult with Philly’s goaltending duo of Steve Mason (.906 save percentage) and Michal Neuvirth (.890 SV%) struggling this year. The Flyers are also 22nd overall in scoring at 2.55 goals per game despite having some of the best puck possession stats in the league.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
New York doesn’t control the puck nearly as well as Philadelphia, but the Isles have gotten decent results from No. 1 goalie Thomas Greiss (.914 SV%). Unfortunately for New York, health became an issue last week when RW Ryan Strome (13 goals, 17 assists) broke his wrist and LW Nikolai Kulemin (12 goals, 10 assists) suffered an undisclosed upper-body injury. It’s possible Kulemin will be ready for Thursday’s game, but Strome is expected to miss 3 to 6 weeks.
The Flyers play their best at home and still have hopes of reaching the postseason. New York hasn’t fared well in Philly in recent years and the trend will continue tonight. Look for the Flyers’ power play to click tonight.
Pick: Flyers -125
- Islanders are 7-1 in their last 8 Thursday games.
- Islanders are 5-1 in their last 6 road games.
- Islanders are 5-1 in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Islanders are 8-3 in their last 11 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Islanders are 5-2 in their last 7 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Flyers are 4-0 in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Flyers are 5-1 in their last 6 home games.
- Flyers are 12-3 in their last 15 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Flyers are 4-10 in their last 14 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Flyers are 3-8 in their last 11 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Flyers are 3-8 in their last 11 vs. Metropolitan.
- Flyers are 1-5 in their last 6 games following a win.
- Under is 4-0 in Islanders last 4 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 6-1 in Islanders last 7 overall.
- Under is 4-1 in Islanders last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 9-4-1 in Islanders last 14 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Under is 6-0-2 in Flyers last 8 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 8-1-1 in Flyers last 10 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Under is 10-2-2 in Flyers last 14 home games.
- Under is 4-1 in Flyers last 5 overall.
- Over is 4-1 in Flyers last 5 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Under is 7-2-1 in Flyers last 10 games following a win.
- Under is 15-5-1 in Flyers last 21 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 12-5-1 in Flyers last 18 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Under is 4-1-1 in the last 6 meetings.
- Islanders are 7-19 in the last 26 meetings in Philadelphia.
- Islanders are 13-39 in the last 52 meetings.
- Road team is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE ISLANDERS VS FLYERS GAME