Philadelphia (28-25-7) at Pittsburgh (37-14-8)
When: Saturday, February 25th 2017
Where: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
Time: 8:05 ET | TV: NBC
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The struggling Philadelphia Flyers have won just eight games since the Christmas break and things don’t get an easier this Saturday night against their bitter rivals the Pittsburgh Penguins. This game is part of the Outdoor Series and will be played at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, home of the Steelers, and will be shown nationally on NBC starting at 8 PM ET.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
Thanks to the league’s playoff format, the Flyers are still in the hunt for a Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference despite being one of the worst teams in the league. Philadelphia is tied for last with a .895 save percentage, while only scoring 2.53 goals per game (21st overall). The Flyers are also near the bottom of the league against the puck line at 23-36 ATS and -20.72 betting units as of Wednesday.
Pittsburgh, on the other hand, leads the NHL at 3.48 goals per game, and an 11th-ranked .913 save percentage. Goalie play has saved Pittsburgh this season as they are allowing 32.2 shots per game; only four teams have a higher average. That’s making it tough for Pittsburgh to win by the necessary two goals to beat the puck line. Losing top defenseman Justin Schultz (+31 in 56 games) to a concussion last Thursday won’t help matters, either.
These outdoor games are tough to predict since we don’t see them that often. Anything can happen and there’s no way I’m laying almost 2-1 in not only an outdoor game, but a rivalry game as well.
Pick: Flyers +185
- Flyers are 7-0 in their last 7 games following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
- Flyers are 5-2 in their last 7 games following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Flyers are 12-25 in their last 37 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Flyers are 3-7 in their last 10 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Flyers are 2-6 in their last 8 overall.
- Flyers are 3-12 in their last 15 road games.
- Flyers are 2-8 in their last 10 vs. Metropolitan.
- Flyers are 1-4 in their last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Flyers are 1-7 in their last 8 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Penguins are 49-15 in their last 64 home games.
- Penguins are 6-2 in their last 8 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Penguins are 38-14 in their last 52 vs. Metropolitan.
- Penguins are 58-22 in their last 80 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Penguins are 37-15 in their last 52 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Penguins are 50-21 in their last 71 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Penguins are 16-7 in their last 23 games following a win.
- Penguins are 67-32 in their last 99 overall.
- Penguins are 41-20 in their last 61 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 2-0-2 in Flyers last 4 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Under is 2-0-3 in Flyers last 5 following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Under is 6-1-2 in Flyers last 9 overall.
- Under is 5-1-3 in Flyers last 9 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 5-1 in Flyers last 6 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1-3 in Flyers last 8 vs. Metropolitan.
- Under is 4-1-2 in Flyers last 7 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Flyers last 5 following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
- Under is 15-6-6 in Flyers last 27 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 12-3-2 in Penguins last 17 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Over is 34-11-7 in Penguins last 52 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 6-2 in Penguins last 8 Saturday games.
- Over is 15-5-1 in Penguins last 21 vs. Metropolitan.
- Under is 5-2 in Penguins last 7 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Over is 41-17-10 in Penguins last 68 home games.
- Over is 33-14-6 in Penguins last 53 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 44-20-7 in Penguins last 71 games following a win.
- Over is 37-17-6 in Penguins last 60 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 35-17-2 in Penguins last 54 overall.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Over is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Pittsburgh.
- Over is 3-1-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- Flyers are 13-5 in the last 18 meetings in Pittsburgh.
- Flyers are 1-4 in the last 5 meetings.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE FLYERS VS PENGUINS GAME