Washington (10-7-1) at Nashville (9-5-2)
When: Tuesday, November 14th 2017
Where: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Time: 8:05 ET | TV: NBC Sports Network
Opening Odds: Nashville -130/5.5
Two teams who are starting to play well after slow starts will meet in Music City as the Nashville Predators host the Washington Capitals on Tuesday night – broadcast live on NBC Sports Network. Kyle Turris, who made his Nashville debut after being acquired from the Ottawa Senators, recorded a goal and assist as Nashville beat Pittsburgh 5-4 in a shootout Saturday for its fourth consecutive victory. Turris now has 11 points in 12 games overall. The Predators have 16 goals during their winning streak and will now face a Washington team that is 5-1-0 in November and have allowed just nine goals in the past five games. Capitals goalie Braden Holtby (.927 save percentage) was named the NHL’s Third Star of the Week on Monday and has allowed six goals in his last four games including a 2-1 shootout win over Edmonton on Sunday. The Capitals, who are 5-4-1 on the road, play at Colorado on Thursday before playing nine of their next 10 at home.
Dmitry Orlov had the only goal for Washington on Sunday, while fellow defenseman Madison Bowey has recorded five assists and a +2 rating in his last eight games. Captain Alex Ovechkin leads the club with 13 goals and shares the lead in points at 19 with linemate Evgeny Kuznetsov. Defenseman John Carlson has contributed on offense as well, recording three multi-point games in the last six. Right wing Brett Connolly (concussion) returned to the lineup Sunday and defenseman Matt Niskanen (upper body) has been skating.
Turris played 21:38 in his first game with Nashville on Saturday and already has more goals than fellow center Ryan Johansen (eight assists), as the former first round pick has yet to light the lamp after signing an eight-year, $64 million contract before the season. Forward Viktor Arvidsson has three goals and two assists during a four-game point streak. Forward Filip Forsberg leads the team with eight goals and 16 points, but has not scored in five games and remains at 99 in his career. Nashville will play eight of their next 11 contests in raucous Bridgestone Arena.
If it wasn’t for the Penguins, this could have been the matchup in last year’s Stanley Cup, but instead, Ovechkin and company will have to make due with a regular season affair. Holtby has been outstanding, but as hockey fans know, it’s really tough to win in Nashville. I’ll take the home team.
Pick: Predators -130
- Capitals are 5-1 in their last 6 overall.
- Capitals are 4-1 in their last 5 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Capitals are 40-12 in their last 52 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Capitals are 6-2 in their last 8 Tuesday games.
- Capitals are 19-7 in their last 26 vs. Central.
- Capitals are 5-2 in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Capitals are 24-10 in their last 34 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Capitals are 7-3 in their last 10 vs. Western Conference.
- Capitals are 70-31 in their last 101 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 4-0 in their last 4 overall.
- Predators are 5-1 in their last 6 Tuesday games.
- Predators are 4-1 in their last 5 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Predators are 4-1 in their last 5 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Predators are 21-7 in their last 28 home games.
- Under is 5-0 in Capitals last 5 overall.
- Over is 4-0 in Capitals last 4 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 6-0 in Capitals last 6 games following a win.
- Over is 17-4-5 in Capitals last 26 vs. Central.
- Under is 4-1 in Capitals last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 16-4-6 in Capitals last 26 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 4-1 in Capitals last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Capitals last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 8-3 in Capitals last 11 road games.
- Over is 16-6-1 in Capitals last 23 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 4-0 in Predators last 4 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Under is 7-1 in Predators last 8 Tuesday games.
- Over is 4-1 in Predators last 5 games following a win.
- Under is 6-2-1 in Predators last 9 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 13-5-4 in Predators last 22 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 5-2 in Predators last 7 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 5-2 in Predators last 7 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 12-5-3 in Predators last 20 home games.
- Over is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings in Nashville.
- Over is 6-1-1 in the last 8 meetings.
- Home team is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings.
- Capitals are 2-5 in the last 7 meetings.
- Capitals are 1-4 in the last 5 meetings in Nashville.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner