Montreal (46-24-9) at Buffalo (32-35-12)
When: Wednesday, April 5th 2017
Where: KeyBank Center, Buffalo, NY
Time: 7:35 ET | TV: Sportsnet, MSG Buffalo
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The Montreal Canadiens look to extend their five-game winning streak when they visit the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday night in what will be the final game of their season series. The Canadiens have recorded at least a point in all three meetings this season (2-0-1) and five straight (4-0-1) against Buffalo. The Canadiens have allowed six goals total during their winning streak after knocking off Florida 4-1 on Monday night with Charlie Lindgren in net to give All-Star Carey Price a rest. Price has been his old self since late February as the former Hart and Vezina Trophy winner is 12-2-0 with a .945 save percentage in his last 14 appearances. Captain Max Pacioretty leads the team in goals (35) and points (67) after scoring two goals and five assists in the past five games while Alexander Radulov has five points (three goals) in four games to push his total to 53. Defenseman Shea Weber (17 goals, 42 points) is expected to miss his second straight game with a lower-body injury.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
The Sabres are just playing out the string as they will miss the postseason for the sixth straight year. Buffalo has lost three straight, including a 4-2 setback against red-hot Toronto on Monday night as they gave up three goals in the first 5:09. Last year’s top draft pick Alex Nylander made his NHL debut Monday and did not register a shot in 14 minutes, 28 seconds of ice time but recorded one takeaway. Jack Eichel has six points (three goals) in his last five games to push his team-leading total to 56 in 58 games. Center Ryan O’Reilly has three goals in the last five games to reach 20 for the third time in four seasons, while Evander Kane leads the team with 27 goals – three shy of his career best – and is two points away from 300 in the NHL. This will be Buffalo’s final home game of the season as they finish up with a trip to the Florida teams.
The ‘Habs should have no trouble dealing with the Sabres tonight. Montreal has won their last four road games and seven of the last nine in Buffalo.
Pick: Canadiens -135
- Canadiens are 4-0 in their last 4 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canadiens are 4-0 in their last 4 road games.
- Canadiens are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. Atlantic.
- Canadiens are 4-0 in their last 4 games following a win.
- Canadiens are 5-0 in their last 5 overall.
- Canadiens are 4-0 in their last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canadiens are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Canadiens are 10-1 in their last 11 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canadiens are 7-2 in their last 9 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Canadiens are 6-2 in their last 8 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
- Canadiens are 5-2 in their last 7 Wednesday games.
- Sabres are 6-2 in their last 8 vs. Atlantic.
- Sabres are 62-135 in their last 197 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Sabres are 22-51 in their last 73 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Sabres are 6-14 in their last 20 overall.
- Sabres are 28-67 in their last 95 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Sabres are 9-25 in their last 34 Wednesday games.
- Under is 5-1-1 in Canadiens last 7 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Canadiens last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Canadiens last 6 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1 in Canadiens last 5 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Canadiens last 6 games following a win.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Canadiens last 6 vs. Atlantic.
- Under is 11-3-3 in Canadiens last 17 road games.
- Under is 14-4-5 in Canadiens last 23 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 15-5-6 in Canadiens last 26 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
- Under is 16-6-6 in Canadiens last 28 overall.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Sabres last 4 Wednesday games.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Sabres last 4 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 4-1 in Sabres last 5 overall.
- Over is 12-3-1 in Sabres last 16 home games.
- Over is 4-1 in Sabres last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 11-3-1 in Sabres last 15 in the third game of a 3-in-4 days situation.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Over is 5-1-4 in the last 10 meetings.
- Canadiens are 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- Canadiens are 7-2 in the last 9 meetings in Buffalo.
- Under is 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings in Buffalo.
- Road team is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE CANADIENS VS SABRES GAME